1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a quote on a set of Braid GT Wheels:
Front 17 x 8
Rear 17 x 9
in the correct offset, centrebore, bolt pattern.

~$2,500 US
from www.PerformanceAlloys.com

a quote:

***** Please Note: *****

1. Free Delivery on all orders of 4 alloy wheels or more (USA Customers
Only). 2. Delivery is normally 3 - 5 days (Subject to Stock). 3. All
our wheels are guaranteed for 1 year, except polished wheels. 4. We only
display one picture per alloy wheel even if it comes in 4 AND 5 Stud. 5.
All prices quoted are in US$ Dollars. 6. If your car is not listed
please fill out our form online and we will update our database.

Regards
Gary
Sales Team
www.PeformanceAlloys.com

·
Registered
302 Posts
Execellent.....your talking about the GT rims under the Custom Wheel section right?

·
Registered
870 Posts
That's pretty high. Check out garagedynamics.com, they are more competitive. Should be around $1700 for a set, IIRC. BTW, I'm one of the few who participated in a GB which ain't gonna happen again as far as I know.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I see the wheels at http://garagedynamics.com/ but how did you come up with that price....non are listed there. Did you end up emailing them? Just curious....I'm really looking into all the wheel possiblities and I must say the Braid GTs are really the look I'm looking for.

You participated in a GB???

·
Super Moderator
7,287 Posts
For any of you last minute people I'll give you the low down on the Braid Rim Purchase:

If you were to order the Braid 17x9/17x8 combo here's the final breakdown of pricing:

Rims: 1254 Euros
Polishing: 20 Euros
Shipping from Braid to Airport in Spain: 30 Euros
shipping from Spain to Major Airport near you: 207-300Euros
Total(without import taxes) : 1576Euros
-approx $1660usd
The group buy is pretty much almost over, I'll be placing the order some -time this week. Through a lot of persuasion I was able to secure Group Buy Rates without the minimum required for a group buy. Shipping is through a contact of mine at a major discount to some individuals. One member of the group buy got quoted 395euros shipping and is paying only 300 euros for shipping.

If anyone is still interested pm me for details. Unfortunately after in a couple of days, the price will go up a bit. I won't be able to offer those shipping rates on 1 order and the price of rims will jump to close to 1400 euros.

Thanks,

George
84 MKII 6m
89 MKIII T - for sale

·
Super Moderator
7,287 Posts
Malloy said:
Thats a smoking deal man. Good work!

How many sets did ya get?
Mike,

it's only 3 of us, but my gentle persuasion still got us group rate prices...I can't wait till we get these. I'll still be able to get them after the group buy, I just can't guarantee the prices...but i agree, I think it's a sweet deal.

George
84 MKII 6m :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
86SupraMKII said:
I see the wheels at http://garagedynamics.com/ but how did you come up with that price....non are listed there. Did you end up emailing them? Just curious....I'm really looking into all the wheel possiblities and I must say the Braid GTs are really the look I'm looking for.

You participated in a GB???
I've asked for a quote from garagedynamics sometime back before a GB. Looks like you have a chance for GB thru George. I still can't believe there's not more than 3 of us.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks....but I'd have to wait till summer before I buy. Schools a drain on cash and only working weekends doesn't give me the extra $$ to spend on pretty expensive stuff. I probably will take these into consideration in the future. I like to prepare and shop before I buy...but I definately think there is a good deal here.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Thanks again for all your hard work on this one, George. I can't wait to sport those new duds 8) By the way, guys, my price through this group buy in USD for 16x8's, polished outer rim, reversed lip, custom caps and locking lugs is under $1600 :D

karaki said:
For any of you last minute people I'll give you the low down on the Braid Rim Purchase:

If you were to order the Braid 17x9/17x8 combo here's the final breakdown of pricing:

Rims: 1254 Euros
Polishing: 20 Euros
Shipping from Braid to Airport in Spain: 30 Euros
shipping from Spain to Major Airport near you: 207-300Euros
Total(without import taxes) : 1576Euros
-approx $1660usd
The group buy is pretty much almost over, I'll be placing the order some -time this week. Through a lot of persuasion I was able to secure Group Buy Rates without the minimum required for a group buy. Shipping is through a contact of mine at a major discount to some individuals. One member of the group buy got quoted 395euros shipping and is paying only 300 euros for shipping.

If anyone is still interested pm me for details. Unfortunately after in a couple of days, the price will go up a bit. I won't be able to offer those shipping rates on 1 order and the price of rims will jump to close to 1400 euros.

Thanks,

George
84 MKII 6m
89 MKIII T - for sale

·
Registered
479 Posts
Can you post the details of each wheel type that was ordered and associated price? Due to the RH C2's being discontinued.. am eager to see the Braid wheels and how all turns out... Thx - Jay B

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Just want to say that I am extremely pleased that our wheels were finished yesterday. Outstanding turnaround time. Can't wait to seem them. Once again, thanks for your hard work and negotiating skills George. Between you, Mike and I, I think we drove Braid a little nuts, but it will be worth it!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,287 Posts
Suprajayaz said:
Can you post the details of each wheel type that was ordered and associated price? Due to the RH C2's being discontinued.. am eager to see the Braid wheels and how all turns out... Thx - Jay B
Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I'll try to answer your question as best i can. Please keep in mind that pricing can be found in this thread so i will not quote pricing again...Besides the prices I offered the parcipants of the group buy were a one shot deal and won't be offered again without at least 5-10 more people wanting to get a set ...either that or we somehow figure a way to wire the money the Europe in less than 24hrs...once our rims leave the factory it's over. Anyone interested in information on Braid Rims can contact me at: [email protected].

Here's what we ordered:

Chad: 16 x 8's all around, reversed lip, silver centre disk, polished lip and custom logo...it's a surprise...hopefully it'll turn out as good as we hoped

Michael: 17x8/17x9 glitter silver centre, polished lip
Christian: 17x8/17x9 Chrome Shadow Centre, polished lip and custom logo
Myself: 17x8/17x9 black centre disk, polished lip and custom logo

We all ordered locking lugs and we all got an awesome shipping rate IMHO, Michael and Christian saved almost 100 Euros through my shipper.

Anyway, I've blabbed enough...sorry guys, just really excited and can't wait...now if i can only decide on tires. :roll:

George
84 6m
89 T

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks for the details and hope these were not 'secret' to those who did purchase.. I just wondered how different each one ended and now can align wheels with cars / owners. I'm eager to see how they turn out. Thx - Jay B

·
Registered
237 Posts
Same here Jay, I really want to see how they look on a MKII in the different combinations. Too bad I didn't have the $$. If I like the results I will be after these rims. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts