Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? I'm taking part in my first road race at Vegas 2003 and I'm hoping for some advice from some of you autocross veterans.

I'm entering with an 85 P-type, so far with basic mods: Tokico HP's, ST springs, Rabidchimp intake, 2.25" cat-back, 16" watanabe's w/Kumho Escta rubber, KVR pads, and some excess weight removed. Being that this is no longer a daily driver, I'm going to be running the car harder than before. Should I be concerned with brake and cooling upgrades? I know the stock brakes heat and fade quickly, and many members have complaints about engine overheating. Have these been issues with you guys during competition? I've got $700 left to spend before Vegas 2003, would it be worth putting it towards upgrades like cross-drilled rotors, stainless steel brake lines, oil cooler, performance radiator, or would sway bars, strut bars, and new suspension bushings be a better choice? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
if your planning on running it on the track primarily add some brake ducts, hawk blue pads from carbotech and some motul fluid on stock rotors and the brakes should hold up fine. I was once worried about the brakes on my supra until I talked to someone who road raced theirs and they said the brakes hold up fine with that setup.

ts-okinawa said:
What's up everyone? I'm taking part in my first road race at Vegas 2003 and I'm hoping for some advice from some of you autocross veterans.

I'm entering with an 85 P-type, so far with basic mods: Tokico HP's, ST springs, Rabidchimp intake, 2.25" cat-back, 16" watanabe's w/Kumho Escta rubber, KVR pads, and some excess weight removed. Being that this is no longer a daily driver, I'm going to be running the car harder than before. Should I be concerned with brake and cooling upgrades? I know the stock brakes heat and fade quickly, and many members have complaints about engine overheating. Have these been issues with you guys during competition? I've got $700 left to spend before Vegas 2003, would it be worth putting it towards upgrades like cross-drilled rotors, stainless steel brake lines, oil cooler, performance radiator, or would sway bars, strut bars, and new suspension bushings be a better choice? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts