Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on brake boosters, I changed the pads out recently on the front brakes. Lost fluid from the caliper and had to retighten it and it was fine. Now I still have a small amount of fluid loss and am noticing some saturation on the lower half of the booster. I've read up in this forum but I need to know 1) If my brakes seem good is it safe to keep driving?. The leak is hardly noticeable but I have an eye for these things and could desperately use some advice. Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
You can continue to drive it until your brakes finally go out and they will, why risk that? You shoud go ahead and change your master cylinder before that happens and risk the chance of getting hurt or better yet hurting some one else and crushing your car.

HTH
Michael

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just stressin

I've been driving it and keeping an eye on it and I think I'm good. I'm must have overfilled the reservoir adding all that fluid when I was loosing it at the caliper. I cleaned it up and it looks fine, the booster seems to be working and my breaks feel good.

I guess if there's an issue I'll find out real soon

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If i were you I'd unbolt the master and see if there's any brake fluid behind the master cylinder. It will only take a second and will save you some grief. It is very common on our M/Cs to do that. I had that problem with the wet on booster and the m/c was leaking. Luckily I was able to fix it before it destroyed my booster. The brake fluid will destroy your booster if it gets in there.

G

·
Dont forget that if you put new pads on it there is a good possibility that when you compressed the calipers for the new pads you had overflow from the master.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts