Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a good price on some replacement brakelines? I don't drive too crazily, so I won't tink i'll be needing a stainless steel brakeline kit or anything, but if the price is right I might anyways. Has anyone found something cheap or should I plant my money tree now?

·
Registered
170 Posts
A set of Techna-Fit lines would most definitely be cheaper than OE and OE replacement lines. Plant the money tree and save the hundred bucks, it's worth it. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
If you just want replacement rubber line cheap, I'd call around to the local part stores. You should be able to get some aftermarket ones fairly cheap.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
do you guyz have any websites for those Techna-Fit SS lines?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Zank go to cyberautomotive i got my ss lines there for $165.00, and I recieved them very quick. HTH

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
I would get them straight thru Techna-fit I only paid $105 for all 8 and only like $50 for the rear 4. From what I can tell they never seem to charge the same price twice. Their website is www.techna-fit.com IIRC. Toy-1340 is the part number you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those 83's will fit the 82 application, right? That's actually a little cheaper than I thought they would be. What kind of increase in braking will I find with them? Less fade, firmer brakes, etc? I'm learning piece by piece here, so don't take too much for granted :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
I would get them straight thru Techna-fit I only paid $105 for all 8 and only like $50 for the rear 4.
Thanks for the link, I just ordered them. But, what do you mean by the rear 4? I was told that there are 8 brake lines. I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what are the rear 4 used for? Please advise, thanks in advanced.

Jason

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
The "rear 4" I'm refering too are the 4 lines for the rear suspension (2 per corner). The orginal lines I ordered from Technafit wouldn't work in the rear (wrong fittings on the ends). After several weeks of calling them about it I just ended up just buying them to complete the set.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh Crap.... I hope they fixed that glitch because I ordered a set. I'll give them a call tomorrow. What kind of ends do the rear lines need, did they try and fix the problem or did they try and blow you off?

Where did you order the rear lines from-is there something I can tell techna fit now, before they make the set?

Jason

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
The lines I got were just plained screwed up. Heck they even admitted it over the phone. They keep promising my new lines would be coming next week, and they never came :roll:. I just gave up and ordered new ones so I'll have them. Whatever drawings they have for the lines is correct. So far I'm the only one I've heard of that has this problem. If you want to check them when you get them the lines should be;

Front inside (long line) female to female
front outside (short line) male to male
rear body to arm line (short line) female to female
rear caliper line (med line) female to male

·
Registered
43 Posts
white_mk_2 said:
Jason,

What price were you quoted?

Thanks,
Joe, I paid $120.00 after it was all said and done. I received the brake lines earlier this week, but didn't even have time to open the package just yet. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm in hell (final exams) at the moment and haven't been able to peruse all of the topics like I usually do and reply.

I'll try and post some pictures after they're done.

Jason

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also ordered the Techna-Fit lines. I have not installed then yet. By the above description (male, female, etc.) they are correct. I paid $150 for the set.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts