Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve been lurking for a while and had a question about brakes. When I got my 1981 celica Supra around a month ago it had a super soft and irregular breaking, and I noticed the brake reservoir was empty. I assumed there was a leak and planned to top off the reservoir and pump the brakes with the car over a drop cloth to find my leak. When I added more fluid, and went to pump my brakes they went rock hard and barely move. There is no visible leak on the vacuum lines to the booster, and the pedal returns slightly when turning the engine off. Should I bite the bullet and install a new booster? Just bleed the brakes or try a electric vacuum pump for the booster and cap off the lines from the intake? Any advice is appreciated I’m really excited to be a part of this community.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Problem might not be booster, see it it changes with vacuum to booster disconnected.

Disassemble and clean entire brake-system with 100% isopropyl alcohol. You'll most likely find that one of rubber lines have collapsed on inside and functions kinda like check-valve and not let fluid flow back to relax caliper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will give this a shot. Has anyone tired booster delete kits, looking around I haven’t found a lot of options for a new Oem booster.

·
MGSS Afflicted
1985 Celica Supra P-Type; 1979 Celica Supra; 1992 Supra Turbo Targa 5spd; 1998 Supra TT Targa 6spd
204 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts