Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the history of the Irwindale speedway there has never been a full atendience for Nascar style racing that is till last Sunday there was well over 3000 people there in attendance for the D1 Professional Drift Grand Prix Series and as for Drifting in its self well lets just say !!!ITS HERE TO STAY IN THE U.S.A.!!!
By the way an AE86 won at D1 over two mk-III RX-7 the Toyota Sorrier two Supra's and ton Nissan's that where Silvia's, 180sx's, 240's, and even the 350Z

:shocked!: :shocked!: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :shocked!: :shocked!:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was showing some friends pictures of MkII's and when my one friend, who owns a GTI VR6, saw a panda painted AE86 she said "what's wrong with that car?". Then even after I told her what it was she didn't quite understand :roll:.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only way anyone will ever understand is to tell them to get in the car and hold on!!! And Im not talking about everyone here but most of everyone will never under stand our RUSH when it comes down to Drifting but every day more and more know what it is to drift and or the art form to it. As a few drifters say "Its a way of life" lol
Anyways I'm sure sometime around this month a translated cartoon by the name of Initial D will be out and Im even more confadeint that drifting will be THE SPORT thing to do with cars FR only need apply lol :lol:

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first ever D1 in the United States took place this weekend in Los Angeles with 26 drivers competing for the Championship. The stands were packed to capacity with a crowd of over 20,000 believed to be in attendance. The drivers did not disappoint, as the Japanese showcased their supreme driving skills to the boisterous crowd. Fan favorites included Ken Nomura in his 4-door R34 Skyline, and the Drift King.

Modified Magazine was the official promotional partner of this event, and also handed out the "Official D1 Event Guide" at the event. The evening was a huge success and we fully expect the D1 to be returning to the USA soon.

Look for full D1 coverage in the December Issue of Modified Magazine available on newsstands November 1st.

More at www.modified.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts