Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy & Girls....

Back when parts started becoming Obsolete, there were a few things I purchased brand new in case they went. ATM I'm ONLY selling the Driveshaft Center Carrier bearing Part # 37230-2410.

It was around $350. Cdn (Plus Tax) when I bought it... so IF one was able to buy it... that's the price you'd pay...
My thoughts are.... if someone else is going to have a new carrier bearing on their car.... while I just have a used on mine... if I'm selling an obsolete part... I want what I paid for it.... otherwise might as well be on one of my cars.....

So Price is $350. Cdn + Shipping...

Never was into posting pics of my cars so not worth my time to get/maintain/pay for a seperate site... in order to post pics.

(It would be far more interesting anyway ... to post pics of the 53 ft trailer I converted to a Warehouse...that I eventually will be able to drive/store a car on the ass end... while having a deck above the car not only for Storage... but that I can crawl OVER a car that's stored there... to access parts in the 33 ft of forward compartments each having 5 levels of shelving... on both sides)

Any interested Ppl... PM me with Zip Postal code for shipping quote...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Both the Dealer Sticker & the Toyota Bar Coding above it have that 37230-2410 number....

Other numbers I see are 301566-N, 173-16-02F & (on the Dealer Sticker ) 0605 T05696 389679 0010

I can send Camera pics thru email only... I purposely have an old phone... (Old BB...Best friggin phone I ever had... wish I 'd tried it sooner, LOL) and purposely use the most basic Data package available...and purposely use an actual CAMERA for photographs.... would use phone only in an Emergency.

So anyone wanting pics...send me a proper email plz & I will be happy to do so.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have this... Any Realistic/Reasonable offers ??? No Low ballers plz...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replied to PM...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had Major Hip replacement Surgery Nov 28th.... basically housebound on 1st Flr. (hard time getting MYSELF up or down stairs)..

4 - 6 MONTHS recovery before I can put decent Stress on the joint...

·
Founding Member
6,229 Posts
"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's second bionic man. Dave Cod will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster." ;) Its amazing its easier to get replacement parts for your suspension than it is to get replacement parts for the Supra suspension. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thnx so much for the thoughts.... have been extremely down ...wondering how the hell I'm going to get thru this...esp Financially & whether I will actually be able to return to my F/T occupation... or have to find a completely new Occupation.... extremely stressed out... this was a small bright spot today.... Thnx again

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hip is about 80 % healed... already can see such a difference that I am looking to get other side done... if I can get thru it financially....

Thanks for the thoughts...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still have have this Carrier Bearing... close to 600 views... surely someone who is picky about getting as many BRAND NEW NEVER USED parts on their car as possible.... will appreciate having this... or possibly someone wants it as a spare ??

Still up for grabs ppl...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to list this on Ebay . ALSO going to list a Rare 84/85 Rear Window Louvre...

My plan was that if/when I ever got 1 of my 84's painted... I'd have the Louvre painted the same colour as the Car ... which would look WICKED....

However, I decided that I am just going to put an 85 Dbl Air foil (which I already have) ... on the 84.

The Louvre was around $500, new . I got this one I have used... but since it is a Rare & unique item, I'm wanting $375. for it.

Anyway, will do a post in regard to the Louvre & will include a link to the Ebay listing & the pics will be there.... same applies for the Carrier Bearing... will post the link to the Ebay listing here....

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K FINALLY found out how to post pics ... soooo here they are.
Getting dealer to confirm price... Normally they don't have pricing fr that far back... but Dealer MAY be able to confirm that it was around $350. New .... waiting on reply fr them...

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
8,136 Posts
It's still available from Toyota for about $259 if you know where to shop.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got call back from Dealer... Confirmed that the List price was $375. Cdn....

So if I am to sell it... only natural I would want Fair Market Value ...for a NEW OEM PART!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's still available from Toyota for about $259 if you know where to shop.
So where is this dealer that sells it for $259. ? Send me the link plz... as it might be useful for me to get other parts in the future...

Dealers in Canada tend to run completely out of Old Stocked parts for our cars a lot sooner than the States....

I know... like 10 yrs ago... there were ONLY 6 IGNITERS in ALL of Canada... & they were charging around $450. Ea...

So there may be other items like this that are completely obsolete in Canada...

Get back with that link when ya get a chance...

Thnx

·
Founding Member
6,229 Posts
Gotta be careful of online catalog links for old car parts. I've been through this with a number of cars and parts where I've placed an order only to get a call or email days later that the part number was superseded, its not the same part anymore, or not available at all anymore. If I see any mk2 part listed online, I would not assume that its really available until it arrived. Been burned too many times (as recently as this week on a Jaguar part).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gotta be careful of online catalog links for old car parts. I've been through this with a number of cars and parts where I've placed an order only to get a call or email days later that the part number was superseded, its not the same part anymore, or not available at all anymore. If I see any mk2 part listed online, I would not assume that its really available until it arrived. Been burned too many times (as recently as this week on a Jaguar part).
In general, I'm not usually BUYING parts (usually just SELLING parts) but Good to know Phil.... Anyway, this part came directly fr my local Toytoa Dealership... so 100% OEM part....

Cheers,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts