Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its Back! The local chapter of the IRDC is having our second track day this year. For us members, Registration is on now-For the rest of you, it starts Oct 15th. 90+ minutes of loosely formatted track time, with instruction if wanted. Great fun, this will be my third one. Check this link out for details http://www.irdc-racing.com/irdc_track_days.htm Search Brem or Bremerton in Video section for vids of previous sessions....You ready yet Robert? Bill? Wadester?

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep-Any car can enter. I think you would have a lot of fun, Wade. Hell, you could pull everyone on the straight, take your time thru the twisties....

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Might be up for this but, i thought you had to pass some type of class before road racing?

Believe it or not my car is still apart lol. Haven't touched in weeks. Actually, just need to throw the diff back in and figure out my boost issue - boost controler not working/changing boost levels..

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Mike Let us know about the classes and whatnot, If nothing else, It would be alot of fun just getting out there and doing something Different for a change other than running the 1320.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Each group gets 6 15 minute timed sessions. Their are 4 groups, each with +-20 cars. One group is for open wheelers only. The other three groups are classed by driver-beginning, intermediate, and advanced. You register for one group, but you or they can ask you to change groups once there. The advanced group ends up about 3/4 race prepped cars, the beginner group is almost all streetcars. A 7mgte Supra like mine is a solid Intermediate car, but I am a beginner class driver. Mandatory Safety equipment is just a helmet, and there is no tech-you tech your own car. They have instructors, I spent part of a session behind a first timer in an acura TL last time, and his instructor had him cutting perfect cones by sessions end..Come on out, If you spend the full day, the $$$ is well worth it....

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I wish I had the money, good diff and helmet for this, I would love to go.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Build meet at Roberts? Seriously, Michael, I didnt know your car wasnt back together yet-Figured Paulie would crash in the garage til it ran. HaHa, Threadjacking my own thread....

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
We can do a build meet. I dont mind building it for him. As long as he has everything then It wont be a Problem. Spec everything out, Plastigauge everything and let him take it back and drop in into the car. Hell, He can bring a Propane tank and some burgers and what not and cook up some Dogs while we are building his motor.

Totally up to him though, Wouldnt want to step on his thunder....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
For the Record:

It was back together.

I dropped in a 5m from the 88 Cressi I've been working on getting a 7mgte into.

40 miles worth of driving and I think I took out a piston ring.

I parked it while I drove my other dying car off the street, then started up the 84 and smoked out the street. I'm getting MY 7MGTE Monday the 19th.

F*** Space Ghost until next year, the 7mgte will go into my 83 (Mighty Max)

build meet at Roberts is fine with me.

Robert, I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Have fun --- rewiring --- My sun-harness is built for, and installed into a specific year car ... and it wasn't an 83 ..... Guess what ? The 83 has different plugs ...

Back on topic ... Mike, call me a day or so in advance. I'd like to come at least watch. Really can't afford to play ATM.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Your harness stays put.

infact I have a question about it but it wont matter now, for awhile....

ps do you have any hoods, Shawn?

pm or what ever

/[ End Thread Jack]

·
Registered
906 Posts
Your harness stays put.

infact I have a question about it but it wont matter now, for awhile....

ps do you have any hoods, Shawn?

pm or what ever

/[ End Thread Jack]

Yes .. call me in the A.M. when I'm sober ....

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No prob Shawn, was gonna point out that passengers are allowed, just need a helmet. Helmets can be older style, IE, no Snell rating required. On the subject of breakage, If the home depot special survived this(twice), then anyones car can. This track day can be used as track time towards better licensing/competition school thru irdc, especially if you nab instructor, but only drivers license is required for track day itself. Michael gets a 7MGTE before Matt, or Dennis? Oh, snap....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts