Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short unedited vid of me following Sam before his(and my) brakes overheated.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, Wade. Hey, my car sounds pretty good on a roll. Sent some vid/datalogs to Billy so he could do the overlay thing. Heres how wet it was in the morning. LOL.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Mike and Sam (carfreek and samsmiles), thank you for the great times riding with you. But based on the last video I was glad I wasn't there in the morning, arriving about noon after the downpours had ended. I was in Sam's car in the previous video and the video of the second to the last lap didn't show how the car was sidewayz (sic) at the loop back (180 degrees) due to loss of brakes. It was an e-ticket ride for me, but I wasn't feeling the spongy brake pedal personally.

By GPS (time lagged) in Sam's car we did 111 mph once, 108 mph 3 times. I think Mike's cars was faster (7mgte), but Sam's was better in the turns (1jz). We were definately over 120 mph. My GPS reading are low (time lagged).

I know both Mike and Sam are going to bleed their brake systems (brake fluid boiled). I've never seen such smoke off the front brakes before. Both have upgraded brakes - Mke has Cressy brakes, Sam has slotted rotors. But I think both will agree their brake systems were not enough for the course.

Looking at my cars (I wasn't about to drive):
82L garage queen OEM - not built for that track period.
83P daily driver - suspension would have broken (bad tie rods)
84P - some day, some day

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Woohoo! Glad to see more of you getting bitten by the track bug. It's my dream that one-day we can find a course somewhere in the middle of the USA and have a 20+ boosted mk2 trackday.

...sorry to hear more of you are having brake issues, stay in the loop for some upcoming developments.

--billyM

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had taken pics/video of the brakes-Honestly thought I had a fire on the right front. Thats why we shuterdown early, otherwise they were gonna have to drag me away. Bitten? Chewed to pieces by the track bug....

·
Registered
514 Posts
CarFreek, thanks sooo much for letting me pass you there. That video footage rocks.

After fighting the video converters I was finally able to post. In the first video, my GF is riding shotgun. When you see me point, that was your spinout with the trunk opening and closing. Though you can barley make it out, I was pretty far behind. My GF got carsick after 4 laps and I had to let her out. LOL.

The third video is with Rich in the car. You can see him taking measurements with his cellphone GPS.

Here's my link to my links to my in-car videos:

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showpost.php?p=610455&postcount=107

:zzzzz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts