Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on this one. I searched but I could not find any concrete answers. I broke the connector to the start injector time switch. I will post pics tomorrow cause it's dark outside. What's the best fix here, get another connector from another toyota or where can I buy a suitable replacement? Also, can it be soldered, cause I know soldering increases resistance on some cases. Will splicing and heat shrink work for this one? I really appreciate any input on this issue. I don't like having loose connections like that on my car.

This the connector I'm talking about:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK2/manual.aspx?Section=FI&P=71

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Just get a replacement one from a j/y, they are not hard to find since just about every Toyota from 1960's to 1990's has the same plugs, there are a few instances where they are not the same, but you get the idea. Then go get a small jewelers flatblade screwdriver and remove the pins from the old connector and pop them in the new connector, and you are done.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If you look at the inside of the plug (the side that goes on the sensor), you will see a little opening (square) above each pin, if you put a small jewelers screwdriver in there and disconnect the plastic tab the comes down, the pin will slide right out the back (where the wire goes in).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts