Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up the Blackpra last night from Mike and brought it home. Felt great to be behind the wheel after 3 1/2 months with no Supra. gonna swap my brakes and a few other parts onto her this weekend, and I'll put up some pics of her up this weekend...

Greg... I hafta say, once again I am in awe of your abilities... The white car was nice... but this one... WOW...

Oh.. and Jim... I don't think your V1 Short Shifter is notchie... :wink:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*I* am ready... the wallet is another story tho altogether..LOL. Sometime in the spring tho, you should be getting an order for a set of 16" Volk TE-37's in Bronze... In the meantime, I'm refinishing the stockers that were on the Bluepra...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Talked to Mike last night and he told me. Congrats, Bob. :)

LMK when you're not going to be home so I can steal it now, ok? ;)

·
Founding Member
6,552 Posts
I know the wheels were gone already but what ever happend to the rest of mk2lessMike's infamous parts closet. Did all that come with the car or is he still hoarding it for that some day when he finally commits and settles down?

Phil D.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I thought he had his brakes for sale... Not sure who bought them.

He did offer his 5MGE TRD Spark Plug Wires to me & I did purchase them earlier this year. They are now on the Redpra.

Can't remember what else he had stashed away in the closet.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Correct,

The red/pink 5MGE plug wires have been discontinued for at least 8 - 10 years or so. Mike bought them from someone who had only used them for 1 month before he acquired them.

TRD does still sell plug wires, but it's mostly for the 4AGE/Corolla/HachiRoku crowd. There might be 1 or 2 other engine applications, but I forgot what they were, I'll have to look at my TRD Japan All Parts Catalog to find out which ones.

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
I just bought a fairly used set of TRD wires off eBay less the coil wire :wink:

I wish I would of kept my old set that only <30k miles which were alot cleaner looking than the ones I justed picked up oh well

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Mike threw in QUITE a bit of cool stuff with the car (I'm not certain if he did it because hes such a nice guy, or because he wants to live vicariously thru me... :D ) ...most of which is going to be put on the car this weekend... which actually leads me to my next question... tho for the sake of the monitors sanity (tho, if he's suggesting stealin my car, he must NOT be very sane.. especially because he also knows I have a collection of pistols and rifles ;) ) I'll put it in the restoration/body section where is belongs

I will venture to say that in addition to being one of the nicest Mk II's around.. once I get all the parts on that Mike aquired.. I would venture to say that it will be one of the more unique as well...

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I will venture to say that in addition to being one of the nicest Mk II's around.. once I get all the parts on that Mike aquired.. I would venture to say that it will be one of the more unique as well...
PLEASE tell me that you're NOT going to put on that set of pimp-daddy wheels from that piss-yellow Chevy!!

LOL

Congrats....that car is awesome.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SHIT... someone figures out that Mike threw in the Dubs also already...

Damnit.. back to the drawing boards... :wink:

·
Registered
279 Posts
congrats on the car, you lucky sumbiatch :wink:

i would absolutely KILL to have a Mk2 as mint as the one you recently acquired 8) :evil:

i soooo badly want this ^^^ '84P for sale on a used lot in Edmonchuk *sigh* -- the price is $2,495.00 -- i'm halfway there :roll:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Good deal Bob. Malloy's insanity is your gain. It's about time someone actually drives that car.

Ok so what's the over/under on Mike looking for another MK2? Mike - you know as well as I do that front wheel drive sucks - get rid of those ugly ass VW pics (well those wheels are nice)... :p :p

Phil G.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Bob,
Congrats on one nice car, you have one of the nicest Supras out there-I've only seen the internet pics but that's the one I show my friends when we're on the internet and I show them the mkII site. Any hints on what you paid for it? Curious because I think the prices for these cars needs to be adjusted upward a little, especially when you consider what the older Datsun's are going for.
I guess there's two ways to look at it...people don't get into these cars if they're loaded, but on the other hand---Supras are making a comeback and they have an undeniable...almost timeless style. What are some of the really nice originals worth? What are Greg Giacchi's cars worth? I'd pay 5 grand tomorrow for some of the examples I've seen on this site, what are they worth...more?...I don't know. A really nice gte Supra should go for about 10 grand if you ask me, I think CRF-racer's car is a steal for $5,000-it's brown though right? Over-production of cars worldwide is driving down the prices of all models it seems, but some hold their value and have a colllector following, the mkII Supra is one of those I think. Soooo many people ask me about mine, and it pales in comparison to some of them on this site!
I can't believe Malloy sold that one, an '84 black p-type is just about the ideal set-up to me...except for the pin-stripe interior. I'm just rambling at this point, MSS fever is starting to set in for this dude, all I need is a garage now.

Eric

1 - 20 of 111 Posts