Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

I'm sorry for the delay but I've finally managed to get all the details to get this group buy set up. These prices are for a minumum of 10 orders...can't guarantee pricing if less than 10units...will cross that bridge when/if we get to it. I'll update this thread with potential/confirmed buyers.

Details:
2.25/2.5" SS Catback System: $650cnd - $485usd - regular price is $750cnd (+tax) just checked my bill...lmk if you want to see it.
3" SS Catback System: $735cnd - $550usd
Free Options:
1) Loud or Quite - I would not recommend Loud unless you enjoy waking up the Dead :roll:
2) Tips Size 2.5" / 3" / 4" -for reference mine are 3"
3) Angled Tips/Straigt tips -mine are angled
Other Options:
1) Polished Can: $45cnd - $35usd
2) Stock Replacement Cat: $125cnd - $95usd
3) High-Flow Cat: $260cnd - $195usd - I put this baby on my car and made a huge difference over the stock cat with my Thorleys and 2.5" Brullen
4) MKII Exhaust Piping Only 2.25/2.5(No Muffler): $375cnd/$280usd
5) MKII Exhaust Piping Only 3.0" (No Muffler): $475cnd/$354usd
6) MKII Muffler (No Piping): $345cnd/$257
7) MKII Test Pipe: $55cnd/$41
Shipping:
U.S. East Coast: $36usd
U.S. West Coast: $43usd
Canada: $30-$60cnd - please send me an email for a quote: [email protected]
Local Members:
Install cost for Group Buy Only: $45cnd
Time Frame
Group Buy Starts Today...Last Day May 15th 2004
Payment
Cashiers Check/Money
Paypal + 2%

As Usual...lmk if I've missed anything

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current List:

1. DJ PAID
2. Raj PAID
3. Jim PAID
4. JimK PAID
5. Rock V.PAID
6. Josh. PAID
7. Aj PAID
8. Scott H PAID
9. Chad PAID
10. James R. PAID
11. Dwain PAID

Bob -1 Highflow Cat PAID

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To everyone interested in this groupbuy, please send me an email to:

[email protected]

Title: Brullen Group Buy

In your email let me know the following:

What Size Exhuat You are Interested In
Which Free and Paid Options that you will be getting.
Your Address

I will then follow up with a quote for your order with shipping included
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
984 Posts
3"SS, Quite, 3" straight tips ( they're dual tips right ?)
Still debating on the cat option ( might just hollow mine out )
So if I get it "shipped" to my moms Ohio address I dont pay taxes right ???
Let me know
DJ

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
opron said:
if i already have my muffler, can i buy just the pipe from the cat to the muffler??? how much???
The pricing being offered is for the entire cat-back system. I'm sure Richard will be will to sell it seperately but I'm sure the price won't be pretty. I won't be talking to him till Thursday/Friday, if you want I'll get more details then.

·
Registered
634 Posts
How good is this deal?

I understand the price has went up over the last few years but what are comparitive prices of similar systems?

·
Registered
984 Posts
karaki said:
scarletlizard said:
So if I get it "shipped" to my moms Ohio address I dont pay taxes right ???
Let me know
DJ
Sounds dumb DJ but yes that's true 0 taxes if shipped out of country.
Not dumb you turd :lol:
As long as you have "proof" of export, you're safe from the man 8)
I'll show ya how
DJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for my stupidity :scratch: , but I've got an 82 and I am trying to determine which would be the better choice the 2.5 or the 3. What are the pros and cons? I definatly want the cat back system polished can with 3" angled tips, but I need some input on which piping sizes would be better. Also would this hi flow cat be better than the random cat on rabidchimp?

Tread Burner :rockon:

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
What is your current engine setup???? N/A??? Or have you gone Turbo, or are you planning to soon???

If you are staying N/A, then get either the 2.25, or the 2.50. If you are planning to go Turbo, or if you are already there, then get the 3.00.

I have the 2.50 that I bought in the "Original" group buy on the Yahoo list back in June of 2001. Car runs fine.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
High-Flow Cat: $260cnd - $195usd - I put this baby on my car and made a huge difference over the stock cat with my Thorleys and 2.5" Brullen
George - can I just order the high-flow cat (for the Redpra) as part of the GB? I already have two full cat-backs from them. It's an '85, so as I recall it's the short cat (haven't been under the car in a while).

Thanx -- Bob

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Yep, that's correct.

As a reminder for the rest of you....

82 - 84: ~17" long.

85 - 86: ~12" long.

Thus it's important to state your car's year for the GP... So that you don't get the wrong exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Malibyte said:
George - can I just order the high-flow cat (for the Redpra) as part of the GB? I already have two full cat-backs from them. It's an '85, so as I recall it's the short cat (haven't been under the car in a while).

Thanx -- Bob
Bob, you sure can...but by the looks of it this group buy isn't getting much feedback. Those are the group buy prices. I can't guarantee that the price won't change if the group buy doesn't happen.

When i origianally posted the idea of doing the group buy last fall we had over 15 people reply and say they were interested. Now we only have 1 confirmed person.

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Snake2715 said:
How good is this deal?

I understand the price has went up over the last few years but what are comparitive prices of similar systems?
If you notice...I bought mine in 2002 for $750cnd.

Tread Burner said:
Sorry for my stupidity :scratch: , but I've got an 82 and I am trying to determine which would be the better choice the 2.5 or the 3. What are the pros and cons? I definatly want the cat back system polished can with 3" angled tips, but I need some input on which piping sizes would be better. Also would this hi flow cat be better than the random cat on rabidchimp?

Tread Burner :rockon:
I'd agree with Ungle Eng...bone stock n/a i'd go 2.25, with a 6m and other mods 2.5, turbo i'd go 3.0. In regards to the Cat...I can't comment cause Aaron's a good friend of mine :) , but I will say this. The Brullen Hi-Flow cat I put on my car was the most significant mod i put on my car.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
Yep, that's correct.

As a reminder for the rest of you....

82 - 84: ~17" long.

85 - 86: ~12" long.

Thus it's important to state your car's year for the GP... So that you don't get the wrong exhaust.
That is the opposite of what Aaron has on his website. His site states that the '84-86 has the 17.5" cat???

http://www.rabidchimp.com/mk2sup_rcp_catconverters.htm

He is selling the Magnaflow and Random Tech cats....wonder how they compare to the Brullen?

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Bob, you sure can...but by the looks of it this group buy isn't getting much feedback. Those are the group buy prices. I can't guarantee that the price won't change if the group buy doesn't happen.
OK, George - put me down for one high-flow cat (I'll get under the car tomorrow and make sure it's the short one). No rush, let me know if the GB pans out, and if not, what the price will be.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Chad,

Something is a bit odd here then..... When Dean Anderson did the original GP on the Yahoo list in June 2001, I went & personally measured the cat length on my 85. It was definetely around 12". Dean had checked his own 83 (since his car was used for the prototype) & he posted that his was around 17".

Wonder what's going on here...... :?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts