3º valve job
7MGTE shotpeened rods
Balanced and polished crank
Clevitte 77 bearings (main, rods)
Toyota High Flow Oil pump
2.0 mm HKS MHG Bead type
ARP head studs, main studs, rod bolts

all Toyota gaskets and seals

the oil pan has a provisions for the rabid chimp oil line for the CT-26 turbo (-10an)

The engine was rebuilt due to the recent headgasket failure from the turbo upgrade 3 years ago and the engnine was rebuilded last Jan 2002 and it has never seen a turbo boost.... ever since the engine was prepped up for turbo duty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it really is a 6M AND you trust the builder,....
$2500-$3000 depending on mileage and maintenance.
Just my $.02
Jamie

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ghostrider said:
If it really is a 6M AND you trust the builder,....
$2500-$3000 depending on mileage and maintenance.
Just my $.02
Jamie
It is a true 6M engine... and yes I do trust the engine builder... I built it myself... I built the engine because I am going to the all out turbo route but decided to change options and the car now is on the garage and my friend wants to buy the engine for his MK2... all parts are genuine 6M parts even the intake manifold and TB. Oil is MOBIL 1 fully synthetic (change every 3000 miles)... Valvoline 10W-40 was used to break-in the engine for 500 miles then swapped with Mobil1

BTW... all parts and machine work cost well over 3500.... all of the machine work was done by a performance machine shop.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I doubt there is anyway for you to get your money out of it, but I would think you should be able to get 2K for the motor from someone.

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
If you could get a $1000 I'd take it. I hate to be pessimistic, but I doubt your going to find anyone with a Mk2 thats going to give you several thousand for a used motor. I'm more or less in the same deliema with my 6M. Except I spent about 3 times as much and have about 1800 miles on the motor. I figure the motors probably going straight to the dump when I remove it. I think the best way to get you money back is to find a Mk2 with a bad motor and put you engine in it and sell it.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
I figure the motors probably going straight to the dump when I remove it.
:shock: why, whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I decided to keep the engine and save up for a full TO4R turbo or a SP turbo kit for a 7M... and find a nice body for a race car....

well thanks for the responds guys

JAY

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
zankone said:
:shock: why, whats wrong with it?
Not enough power. So eventually its coming out for a 7M or 2JZ.

·
Registered
126 Posts
3000cc MK2
I would like to see some pictures. Please send them to [email protected] . Maybe we can come to some kind of an agreement.
I do have 3 85supras. 1 with motor issue, but recent paint job. Is your can drive able.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
supraii said:
3000cc MK2
I would like to see some pictures. Please send them to [email protected] . Maybe we can come to some kind of an agreement.
I do have 3 85supras. 1 with motor issue, but recent paint job. Is your can drive able.
The car is driveable but gone a nasty wreck at the Right rear quearter panel.

Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts