Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i happened to be recording myself with a minirecorder cuz i wanted to see what my engine sounds like when its at 6000 rpm. but anyways so download the mp3 and listen to it. at first im just red lining the engine in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. then im downshifting for a stop light. then i rev up the engine a few times at the stop light. then you can hear my go thru 1st gear and then u can hear the engine start knocking :( and we just replaced the con rod bearings less than a week ago cuz of an engine knock. so i'm assuming the crank is bad. so now we're gonna pull the engine out on saturday and i've got another engine anyways so we'll just put that in. heres the link

right click and save as

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Ouch, at the end is sounds nasty :shock:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Man thats to bad
If you adjust the eq on your media player-accentuate the highs you can here it knocking faintly on the first run through (I'm using headphones). I'm sure of it.

-Wil

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah its too bad, but luckily have another 5m from white supra that i crashed. I'll have my baby running soon. probly in less than a week. it had already had a knock before, so we changed the rod bearings but i guess the crank was too messed up. either that or its a main bearing :? i dunno. lol did u guys hear the whistling at the end of the clip? if i keep the throttle at a certian position , the k&n will make some cool noises 8)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
cartman said:
did u guys hear the whistling at the end of the clip? if i keep the throttle at a certian position , the k&n will make some cool noises 8)
I know what you mean. mine does the same.
I was gonna ask you if you were spooling :wink: :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dang, that sounds nasty! what exhaust are you running? sounds really nice except for that whole knocking part :?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the exhaust is totally stock. lol its probably worse than stock. i have a 2.5" exhaust with glass pack muffler but its not on the car right now cuz i have 3 points on my license already and i don't want to get pulled over and given more points for uneccesary noise. lol i got my first 3 points for hitting black ice going around a corner and hitting a pole. :x the cop just gave me a ticket cuz im young (17) . so im gonna wait until i can get a quietter muffler or until my points go away.

and dohc82, yes it was knocking a little on the first run thru....i knew it was gonna go soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts