Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but....

Would, by chance, anyone be driving from California to (roughly) the Virginia area? ...and maybe be flying home?

Yes, I've been sucked back in... :eekfacepalm:

Mike

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Mike, what are you looking for? You might be able to find something locally if you look closely. Often times, the cost of cross-country transport increases the price beyond what you can find something a bit closer for.

--billyM

·
Registered
472 Posts
i might be going from georgia to cali and back in February.

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, ok. It's an 85 P-type Auto with grey leather. he says the engine has some leaks, but I have the 1J out of an auto soarer, so I even have the bell housing already.

a little TLC(some paint and interior work), some wiring... IC and some pipes.... tada... 1J MKII

dannyr: depending on how you get out there, are you capable of driving the car back? It takes a week or slightly less I think. Getting you home from Va is the easy part. (about 8 hours drive to Atlanta from here)

Edit: I just realized Cali is a pretty big state... the car is in San Diego

Mike

·
Registered
472 Posts
i am possibly going to san jose. im not sure yet though. depends on how my money situation and school will work out.

i thought about flying out there and back but im not a big fan of flying. i also thought about taking my gf and my best friend and doing a 36 hr straight shot with each of us taking shifts and stopping for short breaks.

idk though.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i am possibly going to san jose. im not sure yet though. depends on how my money situation and school will work out.

i thought about flying out there and back but im not a big fan of flying. i also thought about taking my gf and my best friend and doing a 36 hr straight shot with each of us taking shifts and stopping for short breaks.

idk though.
San Jose, is no where near, San Diego. Just an fyi. It's a 7-8 hour trip, without traffic.

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... doing a 36 hr straight shot with each of us taking shifts and stopping for short breaks...
:wtf: :faint:

Let me know what you decide. Like BillyM said.... there's always something closer if it comes to that. (or I may fly out and drive back)

Mike

·
Registered
472 Posts
well, ive never been farther west than middle of nowhere northeastern south dakota. sorry... i know nothing of california.

like i said though, idk if im even going yet. so dont try to count on me to go out there. but if it ends up that i do, i will let you know.

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Fly me out there, I'll do another x-country road trip in a friggin heartbeat :p

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, ive never been farther west than middle of nowhere northeastern south dakota. sorry... i know nothing of california.

like i said though, idk if im even going yet. so dont try to count on me to go out there. but if it ends up that i do, i will let you know.
Danny,

no problem, like I said, let me know and if the stars align it'll work out. If not... well... I'll stuff Tanya in a box and ship her out there (I'll even include snacks for the trip) and let her drive it back. ;)

So far, the only problem with it is that the registration has run out. My neighbor wants to load up in the dually tonight and drive out.

crazy neighbors....

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You know I know enough people out there to go and hang and bring it back for you. LOL Just let me know, heck I might even let you send me out by train!

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know I know enough people out there to go and hang and bring it back for you. LOL Just let me know, heck I might even let you send me out by train!
O.M.G. I *so* forgot you had family out there.

Ya know... I could even paint it like yours... with the stripe and all.

Mike (please don't hurt me! lol)

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I may have one sourced (somewhat) locally from some old school members.

I'm waiting to see how that pans out before I try to get something from way over in California.

Russ, you're still gonna get stuck painting it black... just so you know. (I said black... I *still* don't want pink or rainbows painted on it no matter how funny it would be to you) okthnxbi

dang.. speaking of.. I still gotta get a ramekin ya Muchbzy.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I'll stuff Tanya in a box.
Oh, God, there are so many good comebacks to this...but I'll really try and restrain myself....!

<prying fingers off the keyboard>

;)

·
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, God, there are so many good comebacks to this...but I'll really try and restrain myself....!

<prying fingers off the keyboard>

;)
I know...

I mean... she didn't even give me a :mfinger: or a go :bannanahu yourself even...The least she could done was :nutkick: me....

Mike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
well i live here in san diego and iam moving back to pa in march or sooner if i can. I plan on driving back. ill be down to drive with someone.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:crossjerk this would make a good excuse to use up some vacation time :):laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts