Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Calififornians, myself and 5 buds are heading your way for the Japanese Classic Car show in Irvine on Oct 3rd...

http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/

We're caravaning down from BC in 3 old black Toys. My black 86 Supra, my buddy Pete's 76 Celica coupe with a 7mge and another buddies 1uz powered AE86.

All of us are entering our cars in the show so we'll be there the whole time (9-3) and if the Toyota Museum is open to the public afterwards we're up for hitting that too. It would be cool to see some of you guys there, its going to be an awesome show!

Oh, I just finished my built 6mge and got it into my black mk2 in time for this. I'll post a full thread when I get back, but here's a little tease, you'll have to come to the show if you want to see more...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Nice work detailing the intake and cam towers. Can't wait to see more.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
can we get specs on this 6MGE of yours? I'll try to make it out there if they dont call me in to work this weekend :(

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eventually :p MAKE IT ZANK, MAKE IT!

Too bad Sully will be in Vegas (not for SinCity though)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
i might be heading out to the show myself with mah lady('s) (MY CAR!)

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that was an interesting trip. Sorry Dave, I didn't get your message in time and we were too rushed or bushed to do much else. That is the last time I drive a distance that large in one sitting, even with swapping with a copilot its too draining. We spent about 36 hours on the road on the way down as we took the coast in places and 24 on the way home with stops and such. With cramming to get the car done and the crazy driving schedule I think I got about 28 hours of sleep over a 7 day period.

Anyways, the motor survived... barely, and it was a good time. I ran into Alex and one other guy from here (can't remember his handle). I got lots of comments on the motor and made a couple friends, including the National Manager for New Product Planning at Toyota, who is a long time Celica Supra nut and owner :D Maybe he'll pop on here, I told him all about the forum.

JCCS was AWESOME. So much better then TORQFest and well worth the drive. My only complaint is there was almost to many awesome cars to see. If your showing your own car you barely have enough time to chat with people checking out your car and see the whole show. You Californians are spoiled, I would never miss a year of this show if I lived even remotely close, it doesn't get any better then this outside of Japan. And Celica Supra owners, we need to represent in the future! There were 3 of us at the show and I was the only forum membere. If we could get a decent turn out every year they'd give us our own award catagory instead of lumping us in with the Celicas (good luck with that!).

Oh, for the 2 guys who were at the show, please don't post any pictures of my car or engine bay yet. My engine bay was far from complete for the show, I only got the damn thing safe to drive down 3 hours after we were supposed to leave and I didn't get to clean up the exterior at all or finish up the engine bay. I will start a new thread soon with pictures of the motor though and some details and then post engine bay shots when its proper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts