Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
do you have a factory repair manual? if you can't find one on Ebay or craigs list you can call your local toyota dealer, they'll give you a number to the manufacturer of their repair manuals and they do keep a back stock. when I checked a few years ago they were selling a set w/ a full wiring diagram manual for about 75-85 bucks I can't quite remember because I was also looking for one for my old 75 280z they'll have all the info and specs to do any kind of repairs to your ride

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks Chris I will to the valve stem seals when I get a wild hair up my but. LOL. Also for some reason resently my cars exhaust smells like it is running lean but I still go though alot of fuel like I only get 19 to 20 mpm but then agian that could be valve issues also. One this I have been trying time my car and it tell me to jump the conector for timing advance the only concetor I can find that looks like the diagram is behind the battery but when I jump it and adjust the timing seems like I just retarted my timing to far. The car starts sputtering on accell and has no power, I returned the timing to the original possition and runs normal but I still have a very low idle like at 400 rpms is that normal.
Idle cable slippage? Factory idle setting was 800 rpm, no air conditioning. 1200 rpm with air conditioning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
83 supra

im looking for a 1983 clecia supra crank dose any one no wear i can buy one if not can i take a 1882-85 cressia crank to replace it

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
im looking for a 1983 clecia supra crank dose any one no wear i can buy one if not can i take a 1882-85 cressia crank to replace it
1. Please check your spelling.... WTH is a clecia??

2. Please put a posting in the Wanted section if you need a crankshaft.

3. Again, check your spelling... Pretty sure Toyota's were not around in 1882.

4. Don't think you can use a crank from a 82 Cressida, since they were still using the 5ME motor. Cressy's that used the 5MGE, were 83 - 88.

(Edit) 5. Please CHECK your spelling!!! If you are using your cell phone or blackberry to post to the forums, PLEASE knock it off!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
A question for the Gurus. Years ago toysport outlined an engine mod for the 5MGE. I don't recall all the parameters, but there was valving, a 1mm increase I think. A 3 litre crank and a bore in one version to increase to 3.1, and in another to 3.2 litres. It was called the Waguzaki, or something, after the Japanese person who developed it (it was a "w" word). Does this ring a bell? Can anyone recall the exact mods? On Toysport now, it speaks to the output of these mods, but not the mods. I think kits were available 20 years ago, across the ocean. Toysport eludes to this. Beuller?

·
Registered
58 Posts
A question for the Gurus. Years ago toysport outlined an engine mod for the 5MGE. I don't recall all the parameters, but there was valving, a 1mm increase I think. A 3 litre crank and a bore in one version to increase to 3.1, and in another to 3.2 litres. It was called the Waguzaki, or something, after the Japanese person who developed it (it was a "w" word). Does this ring a bell? Can anyone recall the exact mods? On Toysport now, it speaks to the output of these mods, but not the mods. I think kits were available 20 years ago, across the ocean. Toysport eludes to this. Beuller?
From Wikipedia:There were aftermarket crank and piston kits offered for the 5M-GE that took the displacement up to 2.9 L (for 230 hp/171 kW) and 3.1 L (for 250 hp/186 kW). Outfitted with kits like the Kuwahara 3100, these engines were often used quite successfully in powerboat racing in the mid 1980s

·
POTATO
17,242 Posts
Care to share the info or just be cryptic with your 5 year thread necro?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sure, What I was able to find in the 'google" search was another thread. William outlines the Kurahara kit as an 85mm piston for the 5MGE, and an 85mm piston for the 6MGE making them 2900, and 3100 cc engines. There was no speak of the head treatment, but Toysport (famous for updating their site) had one for sale in 2002. I know it had 1mm oversized valves, and a cam, was ported/ polished. Cam, I'm not sure of Crower made some, but they're not listed. They probably have some old stock, Gude still has them listed, but you can't "click" on anything on the page for availability or pricing. My old neighbor was about half way up the food chain at Crower. i should give him a call. I just want to have the money first as not to waste his time. I was hoping one of us knew the cams used for duration overlap etc. so, that's what I got... Ok Tanya?

·
POTATO
17,242 Posts
Thanks Tempest, I know I read about some of that stuff years ago but it's nice to have a little refresher. I especially don't remember anything called Kurahara kits, but I probably wasn't paying enough attention.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the program ra29gt. This is why I asked the question in the first place, the Toysport page doesn't offer enough info.........Try to keep up.
sorry didn't catch that on first read. I communicate with toysport owner frequently and could refer you but after that cheap shot maybe not.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts