Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am in need of a spacer, it needs to be a tube with an I.D. of 16mm and an O.D. of 25mm and 9.5 inches long. I am open on material, should be metal but can be aluminum or steel... doesn't have to be something fancy. I am not too sure who to go to for such a thing so if anyone has the ability or can direct me somewhere that would be great. Im not looking to get something for free just don't want to get ripped off by some random machine shop. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
well we can get about anything done here in houston, let me know exactly what you are looking for in terms of metal (steel, iron, aluminum, etc...) and if it needs any type of flanges or just a straight pipe. (maybe make a little sketch of one and send it to me) and i will get you a good price on it. i know a couple people in the machine shop biz. so lmk

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight tube just like stated above 16mm I.D. and 25mm O.D. and 9.5 inches long, which is longer than actual but i can trim to size. Metal type I am open with, which ever will be most cost effective, part is a pivot point and will be greased. If cost on aluminum is not much more than steel I would prefer aluminum. I also need a couple shims for side to side (shim material not important), 25 mm I.D. and 55mm O.D. couple 1mm and couple 2mm. Rough measure of shim space was 3.77mm so if 1 and 2mm isn't possible one at 3.75mm should do well. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replied aaron...

·
Registered
155 Posts
pivot

check local steel supplier(on net or phonebook under STEEL SALES, SUPPLIERS),you might be able to get something with a 16mm hole already in it ,get the length you need ,then machine the diameter down to 25mm. Mild steel would be cheapest material. Any engineering shop with a lathe can machine it.Check for anywhere close to you on net or in phone book. i'm sure they'd have some scrap lying around for your shims. IT's a very easy thing to do , it shouldn't cost more than about 20 bucks to get done . Just ring around. I used to get stuff like that all the time at work. They'll most likely get some beers for the guys in the workshop with the money.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
8,567 Posts
Parker lists a 25mm x 16mm x 6m steel zinc coated tube in their catalog p/n R25x425VZ altough its a little long for what you need. It would be much easier if you wanted an inch size tube 1.000 x .188 wall tube is fairly easy to find. You can buy a short lenght of stainless in that size from these guys;

http://www.onlinemetals.com/index.cfm

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks silvermk2... I checked through the online metals place and couldn't find anything slightly smaller than the 1" like you said... where did you see this parker tube? I know not on that site but I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
155 Posts
florida run out of steel have they??????
if you want ,we have steel in australia !!!!!!:32:

·
Super Moderator
8,567 Posts
...where did you see this parker tube?....
Parker is like GM they are a conglomeration of a thousand different companies. http://www.parker.com the part number doesn't pop up online, but I have it in the paper catalog. It would probably be a lot cheaper to buy 1.000 x .188 wall tubing and finish machine it to size if you really want 25.00 x 16.00 tube and not 25.4 mm x 15.85mm tube.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks silvermk2... actually dug around a bit and found a tube on onlinemetals that is 1" x .63" which works out to 25.4mm x 16.0020mm... so this should get me pretty damn close. Lets hope it works. If not it was only $9 plus shipping... I'll find another use for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts