Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is to much, i've never done this before, but i love the look of the stance cars have with a few negative camber points set...
im just wondering if any of you know a bit about camber adjustment to give me a few tips as of where to start, what not to do, etc...
i don't want my car's front end falling asleep on me, lol
ohh sorry i forgot to mention this is for drifting, i just don't want to mess around with anything extreme, just a little more something to add to my learning, thnx a lot! :D

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
ok you must have some really lousy drivers up there if youre setting FTD on Falkens. Damn I wish I had it that good.

BTW There is no camber adjustment for MK2 Supras SORRY!!!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Inate said:
ohh sorry i forgot to mention this is for drifting, i just don't want to mess around with anything extreme, just a little more something to add to my learning, thnx a lot! :D
Dont get ahead of yourself.
:?
Heres a few pointers for someone like yourself learning without instruction.

First of all.....Save money, Drifting (and hard driving in general) Breaks parts (will happen) and crashing is expensive (May happen eventually).

Second of all......worry about getting your stock suspension and entire car in "like new" working order.

Third.....Learn to drive, in a controlled environment...AutoX local track days...whatever. Learn your cars limits. No drifting yet....although it may happen by accident.

Fourth....Read.....Read books on suspension setup and handling. Learn the effects that ride height, camber, caster, swaybar stiffness, spring rates and weight transfer.

Fifth....Learn car control. With stock suspension....learn how to initiate and control slides. Learning while stock is best. Do so in a completely safe place like on a skidpad or something. But Not at AutoX!

Once you become more experienced, Then you can worry about drifting, suspension upgrades... camber settings....etc.

And some tips for the future......Dont be an "internet drifter". Dont take what you read or see on the internet or on "initial D" to be real or fact. Initial D is just a cartoon, and the internet is full or poseur ricers. Most so called "Drifters" on the internet have never drifted a car, and some cant because of what they drive. Dont call yourself a drifter when you dont know what the hell you're talking about or doing. Internet drifters are highly frowned upon. Dont call yourself "A drifter". Nobody I know of in the drift community who actually knows how to drift, goes around saying "Im a drifter". Im not saying that you do any of those things that I just described....but just keep all that in mind.

All this will help later on in your search for information as your questions will be accepted more openly. And your knowledge of your car and driving it to its limits will help you further in your search for info and tips.

Oh and.....Rear camber cannot be adjusted, once you lower your car...It goes negative, relative to your ride height and you have no control over it beyond that. Front can be taken care of with plates from cusco or tein. But dont worry about all that yet. :)

Have fun!
And dont be stupid and slide off a cliff or something. :wink:

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Frank, I think you just wrote a FAQ for "How do I drift."

Well written. I agree whole-heartedly with everything you have said. Listen to his words Inate.

--BillyM
Viva La AutoX!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i figured i would have to buy some aftermarket suspension for such...
and NO, _HOT_M16, i will NOT buy a Civic, lol, the MKII blows any civic out of the water in "looking cool" and all it has to do is sit there in stock form, and i haven't seen a Civic yet that can beat a swapped 7MGTE Supra...
thanks for all the tips, and ya i don't do any of this unless i know i'm on a closed circuit, or late at night in the mall parking lot.
i've been driving race, drag, and auto-cross for a few years now, i've still got TONS to learn, but i love doing it, and i love putting challenges up for myself, to me drifting is one of those challenges i can't WAIT to conquer the basics in :D
all i've been doing lately is watching those older Option videos, they are amazing!
anyways thanks for the tips! :D
and believe me i don't call myself a drifter, i don't call myself a racer either, i just do what i enjoy and then go to work, lol

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Nuh-uh, keep this out of the racing section unless you want to see one killer flame-fest.

I have a hard time beliving that you have been autocrossing for years and are yet to "conquer the basics in [drifting]". Also, where do you drive on a "closed circut"?

--BillyM

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
yes but thats the first place people looking for drifting info will look, and it doesn't make it out to sound like its racing.

Drifting a stock mk2 isn't easy, they're not setup for it terriably well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts