Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
well theres front camber kits but thats alot of work for a simple alignment. Theres nothing you can do for the rear though, except adjust toe, which is adjustable from the factory. If they can't figure that one out take it elsewhere. For the front if you are lowered and want to get back to stock camber settings theres a group buy for some RCAs in the gb section. It explains what they do there, cheaper and easier then aftermarket camber adjustment kits. But really, I'm lowered 1.3 inchs and don't have any problems in the front with my alignment though I'm sure its out of factory spec.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
ahh no. Do you understand how they work? Adjusting the steering rods changes your toe on the front, RCAs are a spacer between the shock body and the steering arm, definatly reduces negative camber.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
SilverMk2, ok, I see what your talking about now. Yes the primary reason to add rcas is to reduce bumpsteer when the suspension is compressed, but like you said, it does this by returning all of the front suspension geometry to stock positions. If your front camber changed dramaticly from lowering then RCAs the same thickness as your drop should restore the camber to stock. I agree thats not their primary purpose nor the best way to "adjust" your front camber, but hes talking about getting his suspension back to stock specs on an alignment machine, in which case RCAs would do this if he is actually lowered. And I think to most that would be a more attractive route then slotting your control arm bolts and camber plates are mucho money. Sorry if I offended you, I know you knew your stuff so I was wondering what you were getting at. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.