Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok is it just my car or does anyone also have problems with the camshaft housing gasket. This is the gasket between the head and the Cams. This leakage gets on the exhaust manifold and causes it to smoke up like crazy. Any one else have this problem? I just sent my head to get Port and Polished and a 3 angle valve job.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i once tried JB Weld the kind that you squeez together and turns into a hard rock in a couple of minutes. it worked fine for a couple of weeks till the rest of the gasket began to break. then i chipped it off and replaced the gasket. i have notice that it starting to look wet (oil) around that gasket just like last time. :mad:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the guy that does my heads can get me the set of gaskets for my head. The set includes all the gaskets i need for the head.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SupraWes said:
Supposedly headders fixes the problem. The cast manifold holds too much heat up against the side of the head and causes it to leak. It sounds strange but it might just work.
well when i got my black supra it use to leak untill i fixed it. my white (getting head redone as we speak) supra lead too and that one had Thorley headers. i think that gasket between the camshaft housing and the head its self sucks A$$. :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.