Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my heads back from the shop and it was fine not warped and had all seals replaced just about a year ago

i put everything back together, torqued the heads down(72-80pnds if i remember) the car would not turn on so i replaced the maf and the car turned on but the check engine light came on.. then white smoke started coming out of exhaust.. i removed the exhaust and saw no coolant from any exh ports.. i then removed the spark plugs and all were a dry charcoal black not wet
i can even clean them and they will look brand new can someone plz help me out before i send it to a shop

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Is the check engine light on? Can you pull the codes from the ECU and see if it's trying to tell you something?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
How long did you run it with the white smoke? It may just be burning off the excess chemicals that filled the chambers. Plus I torqued my heads to 95lbs just to be safer, no issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have also seen cars that are dumping fuel into the cylinders due to faulty injectors and the smoke out the tail pipe was white....i would think it would be black but for some reason it was white. no blown head gaskets just really bad leaking injectors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have not pulled the code the car takes about 10 to 15 sec then it starts the white smoke.. the car was setting for a long time i changed the fule pump and when i removed a filter it had orange clay like material.. a instructor told me to remove the tank and send it to a radiator shop to have cleaned out but that never really gave me an issue. before the heads went to the shop the stoke exhaust was on.. when i was piecing the engine back together i checked the resistance on the injectors all came out to 2.4 and the caps were not broken and replaced the o rings.. i decided to put the aftermarket exhaust which has no cat which came with its own o2 sensor.. maybe the o2 sensor is bad??

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
You probably just missed plugging something in bro. White smoke after start up is usually just condensation from inside the exhaust and will go away after running it for a few minutes. I think you're fine, just check for codes in the computer and solve those and you should be fine. Codes will probably indicate something you didn't get plugged back in, like the knock sensor.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
the car was setting for a long time i changed the fule pump and when i removed a filter it had orange clay like material.. a instructor told me to remove the tank and send it to a radiator shop to have cleaned out but that never really gave me an issue
Why don't you grab you a $3 siphon pump and check the color of your fuel. How long did it sit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was sitting for about 5 to 8 years.. looked at fuel when i removed the injectors and it looked like normal gas.. i am going to pull the codes in about 3 hours so ill have more info in a bit..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i pulled o2 sensor and maf code i switched them out cause i have a lot to spare and reset by taking out the fuse and the car smoked for a while but vanished in 5 min.. the car is running fine once again surprisingly and now im back to take out those 5.0!(all my friends have them)haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts