Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can identify the adjustable front strut from this picture.
Is it a Tokico Illumina? If so, how do I adjust them?
http://www.pbase.com/image/17153912

If that link doesn't work, try going to http://www.pbase.com/white83supra and clicking on the album called "1982 Supra Race Car" and look at the 11th picture.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That sure looks like the top of a Tokico Illumina. From what I have read you just use a small screw driver to turn the top...I am not sure if 1 is hardest or if its the other way. :?

-Wil

·
Registered
207 Posts
based on my tokico illumina rears i have to agree wid dohc82. i havent messed wid my settings since ive installed mine, ill look tomorrow and see. although a little rusty you have of those rare GAB strut bars.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Dean,

Since I have the Tokico Illumina's on both the front & rear, I'm 100% certain that this is what you have!!! :D

Midget flatblade screwdriver is what you need to adjust them. Pull the rubber cap & insert screwdriver. I can get all 4 of them adjusted in about 30 seconds.

1 setting is squishy. 5 setting is stiff. 4 setting is how HP's feel when they are brand new, 3 setting is how HP's feel after about 10K miles, or whenever they've broken in. Have not used 2 setting yet.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
seeing as to how the last picture shows the strut bar with the letters "GAB" on it, i doubt you have the tokico ones....

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
SliP said:
seeing as to how the last picture shows the strut bar with the letters "GAB" on it, i doubt you have the tokico ones....
What does the presence of a GAB strut bar have to do with whether or not he has Tokico Illumina struts installed?

One has nothing to do with the other.

And yes, Chris Eng is right...the struts you have are Tokico Illuminas.

:)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
SliP said:
What does the presence of a GAB strut bar have to do with whether or not he has Tokico Illumina struts installed?

One has nothing to do with the other.

And yes, Chris Eng is right...the struts you have are Tokico Illuminas.

:)
woops i'm an idiot. sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts