Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i am hoping that someone here can help me with this even though its a cressida. i cant remember what the alternator wires were on my old MK-II but im hoping they are the same color as my cressida.

this is the plug that fits my 2j's alternator.

and this is the alternator plug that is on my cars factory body harness.

can someone tell me how to wire them together please? i am at the point on my swap where theres just little things here and there. still a few pieces of the puzzle that i am missing. getting close though!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think i have the wrong alternator on the car. i just went and took a peek at my moms GS300 and her car has an alternator with more of an oval plug thats located on the top. So, i went to my pyle of JZ extras and dug out an alternator. sure enough, same style as the one on my moms car.

i am guessing that the one on my engine right now came off some kind of supra or something. i have a matching plug with my other alt, so i guess i am now looking for the pinout for the oval plug that has the three wires in a straight line. i will take a picture in a few.

guess i gotta swap out the alternator now.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure i got it figured out. if the car works, il post up what i did for others.

·
Super Moderator
8,757 Posts
The newer JZ motors (and toyotas in general) have the oval and triangle plug. You can buy an adapter that goes between them. I believe this is what you're looking for though

·
Registered
1 Posts
So how did you end up wiring? Theres several people looking for this information, including me. Did you match the diagram that showed the 3 plugs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts