Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or the block anyway?
i helped my friend move his dissassembled 7m-gte, and ended up carrying the block upstairs. i was just wondering if anyone happens to know the weight of it?

thx

cam

·
Registered
290 Posts
I carried my 5m block by myself. I think they weigh close to the same. Maybe between 150-200lbs

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not that its impossibly heavy, or really all that hard to carry. it is sharp though. i have some nice dents in my wrists to prove it too. im just curious as to how much i was carrying, the frist post may have sounded a bit like a little kid, but i was still a bit hyper.
the reason im so curious as to how much it weighs, is im just wondering what kind of numbers i can throw at people.
im about 5'9, 140, and build like a toothpick, some assume i am expremely weak, and i would like to be able to set them back a bit in their thinking.

my friend seems to think the block is well into the 200s, and it felt like a lot more than 150

thanks again

Cam

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
the bare block is around 140ish, i think, and with pistons and crank and such, closer to 160-180ish.

pure guesses, but semi educated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
dogstar said:
the bare block is around 140ish, i think, and with pistons and crank and such, closer to 160-180ish.

pure guesses, but semi educated.
the pistons are really heavy, as are the con rods and the crank. I'd say that those bring it to 240 ish.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think you should weigh it, if you still have it unassembled and available. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the block is probably going to be availiable for the next few monthes, i just have to find a scale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts