Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you fit a bike in the trunk of an mk2 Supra? Removing the front wheel of the bike, and pushing the rear seats down? I am interested in getting an mk2, and that is an important question. Other cars of interest, such as an IS300, cannot fit a bike in the trunk. Yet the mk2 is longer with a more spacious interior, so I think it is possible. I ride 19" and 20" mountain bikes, with 26" wheels, for reference. Let me know when you can.

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
Yeah shouldn't be a problem with the front wheel pulled. I've done it on my road bike.

·
Registered
142 Posts
With front wheels off I have put two road bikes in the back of mine.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I never put my dirty ass mountain bikes in there, but i fit road bikes in the back no problemo and i'm 6'2" so they aint little ones :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never put my dirty ass mountain bikes in there, but i fit road bikes in the back no problemo and i'm 6'2" so they aint little ones :p
Hehe, well I ride bikes in Socal conditions, so they are usually, just a bit "dusty". Although mud and muck are possible in certain months. Could always put a cheap, King-size sheet back there, from Walmart. Wrap the bike up. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
agree with the front wheel pulled & and with 2 bikes I put cardboard between the bikes to prevent damage.

·
Premium Member
7,842 Posts
Wile, you can either put 1 or both seats down if needed...to fit a bike...I would buy a dog protector blanket for the hatch carpeting...

Buy a Mk2 you wont ever regret it!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wile, you can either put 1 or both seats down if needed...to fit a bike...I would buy a dog protector blanket for the hatch carpeting...

Buy a Mk2 you wont ever regret it!!
Good looking out, I have done minor damage on a 4runner carpet, because I didn't put a blanket underneath the bikes. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've fitted 4 bikes, 4 people and their weekend bags in my MKII. Two bikes on roof rack and two bikes in trunk. It only takes 5 seconds to remove and re-install rear wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
in the trunk of an mk2 Supra?
Are you one of those guys that says emkay instead of Mark 2 when you read mk2 Supra?

Just curious. It seems like more and more of the younger crowd in recent years have been pronouncing it emkay. I still cringe when I hear it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've fitted 4 bikes, 4 people and their weekend bags in my MKII. Two bikes on roof rack and two bikes in trunk. It only takes 5 seconds to remove and re-install rear wheel.
Great stuff thanks for the info. Won't be putting a roof rack on the car, but that is good to know. Removing the rear wheel of the bike every time, would be a deal-breaker for me. Yet the car is large enough, to fit at least one bike with the front wheel off though, so good news.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you one of those guys that says emkay instead of Mark 2 when you read mk2 Supra?

Just curious. It seems like more and more of the younger crowd in recent years have been pronouncing it emkay. I still cringe when I hear it.
Lol the thought has crossed my mind, in the past, to call it "Emkay" instead of "Mark". But I always knew "Mark" was the right term. It is probably used as an easy abbreviation while typing text.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Although my road bike fits easily inside it, a better idea for multiple bikes or dirty bikes is a bracket near the sunshade to bolt the front forks too and let the rear tire sit on the hatch lip at the base of the window, which is shaped just right for it. The bike would sit like in this picture, but without nearly as much rack as the rear tire support isn't needed on the Supra, although a strap to keep the rear tire in place would be needed if you drove aggressively with the bike mounted:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+lechner. Wow, that is a clever way to mount a bike rack on a sports car. Will definitely keep that in mind. Although I prefer to keep the external body pure of anything mounted onto it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Amazing, Mind Blown. If those things can hold the bike, in a solid manner, that is a game-changer. My car search has been focused on hatchbacks, because you can fit a bike inside a hatch, versus most coupes. I have not looked at SC300's, 240sx coupes, and IS300's for that reason. Those are all awesome cars that cannot fit a bike inside the interior.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts