Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway... new site has ALL kinds of things happening... but I CANNOT find where my MESSAGES are !! Spent 1/2 hr & gave up ...

MESSAGES FOLDER !!! That's the KEY #1 thing U need in order to be able to respond to requests ppl have sent... & I CAN'T FIND IT !!! That should be the SIMPLEST THING TO FIND... I have a University Degree AND College Diploma ... use the Computer daily...for Personal use... AND as a Computer Numerical Control Machinist...

Can link with this & that ..& FB & IG & Twitter & the Cloud & tie into a Calender ..& get "Push Notifications" (annoying... I have ZERO use for that.) Got "Trophy" etc, & get ALIENS ON SPEED DIAL....etc, etc ad infinitum... but CAN'T FIND MESSAGES FOLDER !!! ARGHHHHH !!! the ONE thing I CRITICALLY NEED !!! ARGHHHHH !!

·
Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
Click your user icon with the dot on it in the top bar and click conversations

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click your user icon with the dot on it in the top bar and click conversations
[/QUOTE

Thnx for the reply...
Had already tried the Conversations Icon actually...

Had someone contact me looking for Dashpots... Brought the Dashpots home & now can't find the person... Previosu version of site had "Notifications" ... which not only showed U msgs... but posts that I or other ppl had interacted within...

My Main Personal Mantra... in life is the K.I.S.S Principle.. as in Keep It Simple Stupid. It's annoying to me & it wastes ppls time ...when things are waaay more complicated ....than they need to be... IMHO

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Click on your icon to see a drop down. Your PM's will be "alerts" in your account details.
These instructions are incorrect:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, "Conversations" is just the new name for the "Messages"
Again... this is the type of stuff that drives me nuts... trying to do BASIC STUFF & have to waste time trying to do something SIMPLE...

Have been try to DELETE SPECIFIC OLD MSGS... can Mark as Read... Mark as Unread... + at least TWO other options... but HOW DO I DO BASIC DELETION ??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Again... this is the type of stuff that drives me nuts... trying to do BASIC STUFF & have to waste time trying to do something SIMPLE...

Have been try to DELETE SPECIFIC OLD MSGS... can Mark as Read... Mark as Unread... + at least TWO other options... but HOW DO I DO BASIC DELETION ??
Over on the far right of each message is a small box you can check. On the bottom of your screen, a box will pop up where you can select a variety of actions. Choose "Leave Conversation" and it'll delete it. Before deleting it, it'll ask if you want to keep accepting other messages from that user or basically block them.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Over on the far right of each message is a small box you can check. On the bottom of your screen, a box will pop up where you can select a variety of actions. Choose "Leave Conversation" and it'll delete it. Before deleting it, it'll ask if you want to keep accepting other messages from that user or basically block them.
I obviously had automatically done the check box things... but the new terminology is what was throwing me off... I saw the " Leave Conversation" in the drop down...... but that to me ... would suggest the OPPOSITE... that the msgs would be "left" (kept) .... SAVED PERMANENTLY & NOT deleted.

Dunno what to say... other than it's not the best idea to come up with terms nobody's heard of b4 ... & aren't familiar with... so time is wasted on stupid minor stuff...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I obviously had automatically done the check box things... but the new terminology is what was throwing me off... I saw the " Leave Conversation" in the drop down...... but that to me ... would suggest the OPPOSITE... that the msgs would be "left" (kept) .... SAVED PERMANENTLY & NOT deleted.

Dunno what to say... other than it's not the best idea to come up with terms nobody's heard of b4 ... & aren't familiar with... so time is wasted on stupid minor stuff...
Words and numbers meaning something? How old are you??

(^^^note sarcasm^^^)-- I only knew this after the swap to the same format on my SSForums. Completely idiotic, counterintuitive and counterproductive. While I'm ranting- You can't delete posts anymore. You can message a moderator to delete them for you, but there aren't any moderators anymore!!

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
Yes there are. Check out the Site Issues Section, its first on the list (where this should have been posted).

Guys, this software is different, but it's much much better. I know it's hard when something that hasn't changed in 15+ years changes, but think of it this way... it hadn't changed in 15+ years! The old software was really horrible by today's standards, just give the new stuff a chance. I've been using it for a year elsewhere and I could never go back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts