Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 celica supra and I was messing with my power window switch and I blew something b/c I can't get my windows to go down and I can't open my sun roof or use the power door locks, they all worked before I blow what ever I blew. I checked the circit breaker and it wasn't blown and it was working fine and I was wondering what I should check now I have also checked all the fuses and they are all working. so I am stumped, any help would be greatly appresiated.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If you have a little owners manual in your glovebox, take a look at page 118.
It says there is a circuit breaker in the drivers side kick panel, they call it PWR CB, 30 Amps. Its location is shown on page 117, just above and to the right of the fuse panel. It controls door locks, power window and sunroof. It's really too much of a coincidence that these are the three things not working in your car. It must be that circuit breaker. Straighten out a large paper clip and push an end in through the hole in the centre of the circuit breaker to reset it. If it doesn't fix the problem maybe the circuit breaker is faulty. If it trips again, you probably have a short somewhere in one of those circuits, causing it to trip right away.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah, a manual would probably help a lot of people...
So... where can I get one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
circut breaker

I took out the breaker and was sure it was bad and took it to an electrical shop and the guy tested it and said it was working fine and conducted fine and I never got it to click, because it never got blown. I am not sure why this is, or what the problem part is then. that is why I am here asking you guys for help. thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
motor

There is also a good chance that the motor(s) are gone or the switch gave up the ghost.

I had to replace my Drivers side window motor and ended up doing all the tracks and the regulator at the same time. Damn, was that worth it =)

Aaron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
windows stuck

I know that I blew something b/c I got the windows back up by hooking a battery straight to the motor and it worked just fine and my sunroof and doorlocks stoped wirking at the sametime. I checked the curcit breaker at an electrical shop and the guy said that it was working fine and was letting power through so.... I am not not sure what other pieces could make it stop working. maybe another internal curcit that I may have shorted that I could steal from the junk year.if anyone has an idea. it would be greatly helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts