Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Nice job man, what rims do you plan on running? I assume with the bigger brakes they won't be close to clearing the stockers.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The stockers: The discs dont even fit inside the diameter of the wheels, nevermind the caliper lol

I'm going to push this off as far as possible to make sure I am happy with what I decide,

But its strongly leaning to either XXR 513 16" or Rota RBR 17" unless I can find something else that will work with the brakes and fit with the car in a good price range. Why I am hesitating with the XXR is the tire choice.....and the hesitation of the RBR is that I find 17" a bit big (but 17" has a mass load of tire choice). I dont need them right now because the car is in storage, so I'm letting it brew until I decide for sure which ones I want.

I am open to suggestions if there are any to be suggested. Bear in mind, price is an issue.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The brakes are a little pricey.

calculate at least:

Front rotor (each) 150$ total 300$
Front calipers Z32 (each) 120$ total 240$
Machining for centering ring, re-drilling and hat shaving (x4): 300$
Rx7 front calipers to use in the rear (each) : 80$ total 160$
Rear rotors z32: 150$ each total 300$
Stainless steel brake lines: 150$

grand total for brake swap: ~1450$

But the end result is something freaking insane. Bear in mind I am not done this swap yet I only have the front portion ready but I still need to get the rear organized to even out the brake bias and get new wheels to fit the immense rotors in the front.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
where'd you get those led lights for your meters?.....that looks awesome...
ebay sir from a seller warden_jp2002.

194 conversion bulbs. I dont see exactly what I bought at the time, but you can see the picture below, the socket is what is important.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/mk2-1jz/dsc400004068.jpg

Update: Shocks on order. Kyb agx MR2 mod. Steering wheel hub adapter for mk3 didn't realize so horn doesn't work. Will sell it if someone is interested. Installed once (by me before I realized it wasn't the correct one) but not used (pm please)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
your just kicking ass man :thumbsup: i would love to get my hands on one of those rear strut bars ;) where did you pick it up if you dont mind me asking :)

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
right on, thanks :) i should have known that by now lol now i feel like an idiot haha :sadbanana: oh well cant wait to see more of your car man :zzzzz:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
no one is an idiot, you ask your questions in the proper place! Anything you need to know dont be shy to ask I'll help you out the best I can. Thanks for the support my friend :salute:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
:D well if you like that then you better pay attention in the coming months ^^

·
Registered
253 Posts
i will! you have encouraged me to purchase ground control. just got done placing the order actually. haha.

i like the way you laid everything out, it's like a book!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This thread needs more pictures.:SM130 (1):
Deal!

I just finished installing my addco rear bar :D

I'll do the front one next week when I have a little bit more time. This car is going to be a new beast by the time it comes out, come on summerrrr!

21 - 40 of 207 Posts