Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 207 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The write up is coming guys! Gimme 20 mins

Ecko
I just cut the Supra tubes for now, but yeah I would still like a pair.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
In this mini write up I'm installing:

SW20 MR2 REAR Struts in the front of my car, cutting down the SUPRA strut tubes to fit them. Installing a custom spring perch and sitting the collars very low.
MA61 Roll center adjusters

MA61 Excell G struts compared to SW20 MR2 AGX struts

To get this: This doesnt rub, I'll show a picture of what does rub at the end of the write up.

You must do some cutting and welding.

I already semi modified my front suspension to have the perches sit as low as possible, but this was not enough.

I had already cut the original spring perch off to gain another 1/2 inch of drop

I couldnt find the miter box of course, so I used this method to get the straightest cut possible, you could have used this method with a grinder as well, but I used a sawsall.

Most people suggest removing 40mm of tube from the strut housing, I found that 40mm was a bit too much, the strut nut will only hold on a few threads if you cut this much out, I went with between 35-37 mm of tube.

Check fitment.

Add your spring perch. I went to a metal shop to find the perfect piece of pipe to use to make my perch, it was so tight I had to grind the paint off the strut to get it to slide down. I placed it 90mm under the strut nut AFTER cutting.

Wrap the shock with some teflon tape, to make sure the strut stays perfectly centered, then tack your piece, dont weld it like this or you will damage the strut.

Make sure everything is centerered and the strut nut is in place keeping the strut perfectly centered. If you are not careful at this moment and the strut housing is welded while it is crooked you will never be able to thread the strut nut on, be warned...

Put some paint on that sucker

Install the coilover sleeve

Install the RCA, they fit really tight, press fit, so you have to take a block of wood and tap them on.

Paint the caliper a funky color (this is a necessary step) then install the strut.

I didnt take many pics of this, but it is an important fact. If you want to run RCAs with the stock wheels, you have to remove the grease nipple from the lower ball joint. I did it by tapping a thread into the balljoint and putting a bolt with some teflon tape on it. M6 if im not mistaken is the closest fit

Be sad that the Cusco camber plates haven't arrived yet :(

So on the first shot, I said, lets go mega slammed.

But it rubbed EVERYWHERE. If you want to run the car this low you have to remove the inner fenders. And with the placement of my spring perch I could have gone another inch lower LOL

So I turned them up a bit and got this which I think is perfect, the rear has to go a bit lower...thats some work for me maybe next week, more cutting :D

And the driveway shots for Billy

I absolutely love the ride now, the last piece missing is the front camber plates to complete the entire suspension set up. I remember reading when I was looking for my springs that 500 lbs would be too harsh and "teeth chattering" on the street. I've found it to be completely tolerable, the car rides solid, over the shittyness in the road its fantastic, I have not 1 complaint! I have to doubt now those who said you couldn't run 500 lbs front 400 lbs back on the street, you can, and I will.

That brings the list of installed pieces to this.

500 lbs ground control (eibach) front springs
400 lbs eibach 5.5 round springs installed on an adjustable perch in the rear
4 way adjustable SW20 MR2 AGX Struts installed in the front
8 way adjustable First Gen Ford Focus Shocks installed in the rear
Addco Front and Rear Sway bars
Superpro and Energy suspension bushings installed everywhere
LJM Front strut bar
TSC Rear strut brace
T3 Roll center adjusters
Daves2jzgtes weld in rear camber modification kit
Love - awwww

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
looks solid man great job, my supra sits just as low as yours in the back but my front is waaaayyyy to high even with the front whiteline 1" drop i may need to do coilovers...muahahahaha, i love the look of your car!!!! once again two thumbs way up!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Thanks guys!

I took out the rear spacer completely for now, the female threaded part of the adjustable coller is out, its just riding on the table straight up now in this pic at the local "Right hand drive" club meet lol

and another angle from another day cell phone cam style

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do you have a link to daves rear camber mod. Its not a sticky, went 7 pages in and couldn't find it. Thx. Great stance. Would def look good with a little less rubber

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dang dude this build is tits! I love the LED gauge conversion and suspension write-up

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
Registered
179 Posts
lookin good, ur stance is king, i wouldnt even change the fornt bumper.
light colored mk2's often look good with black bumpers/hatches
what size tire do you run? 235/60/14?
you could use mabye a 20-25mm rear spacer to really set it off...

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
spacers come when I change the wheels! Yes 235 60 14

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
101 - 120 of 207 Posts