Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some sort of database where I can punch in the details of my 84 P-type and get a value?? Somewhere certified or somewhere the insurance company would take into consideration on the value of my wrecked vehicle.
Thanks

·
Founding Member
6,525 Posts
NADA, KBB, Edmunds, etc. but you probably won't like what they show, if they still list Supras at all. Fact is that all of these value guides are irrelevant for cars 25 years old anyway. At this point, price range is enormous between a sub $1,000 "winter beater" all the way up to over $10,000 for a "museum piece". The insurance company will make the assumption that yours was on the low side and that 99.9% of people driving 25 year old cars are living from paycheck to paycheck and just need cash fast to get another old car, ANY old car. You're only hope for more is if you have something else to drive and are able to hold out for months while insisting on an independent appraisal. If you can get them to do that, then an appraiser will look at historical ebay sales and current offerings around the country and come up with a more accurate value. That is why we recommend that you get "classic car insurance" for a Supra in which a value is agreed upon BEFORE you have an accident. There are several threads on this subject.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Pretty much you are SOL if you did not get it appraised before it getting wrecked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts