Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost have my “new” exhaust manifold back on my block! (My old one had a hole in it) So on to my Supra’s other problem. It doesn’t start :shock: .

At first I thought this was a battery problem or maybe an alternator thing. However I don’t think it’s the alternator because I had it replaced recently. Also it can’t be the battery because you can’t jump start it. However, you can push start it, and then it runs fine. Does this mean I’m going to have to check all of my wires? I know a lot of the wires in my car really look their age…. So any thoughts would be great, Thanks!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the car doesn’t crank at all. I turn the key and it just makes a click sound. However the radio and headlights all work. So would that mean that it probably isn’t a ground wire?

I have been paging through my Chilton’s repair looking at the starter section. It describes a “spark test” to see if power is getting to the starter. If I do the test and it shows I’m getting power to the starter would that indicate a solenoid problem?

Well thanks for all your thoughts so far. I really don’t know much about cars electrical systems so sorry if I say stuff that doesn’t make sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.