Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the fauge title but it wont.

Ok so i replaced the alt. with a Camry alternator and when i was pulling the the charging cable i didn't realize the power for the batt. slide over and was touching the Positive post. So as i went to unbolt the charging cable it shorted out thru the wrench on to the waterpump.
I pulled the battery cable further away and went back to work. So now with everything back together there car turned over reved like it was going to start and died. It did this 3 times before:eekfacepalm: the battery was to dead to start the car.

I checked the fusible links and the pink one was toast so would that be the problem and if so how would i fix it or make my own? thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
yep you blew the fuse
juat swap one over
it will start right up

i do this all the timw lol
you can either bypass it or get a spare
i would get a spare in case you do this again

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry for the fauge title but it wont.

Ok so i replaced the alt. with a Camry alternator and when i was pulling the the charging cable i didn't realize the power for the batt. slide over and was touching the Positive post. So as i went to unbolt the charging cable it shorted out thru the wrench on to the waterpump.
I pulled the battery cable further away and went back to work. So now with everything back together there car turned over reved like it was going to start and died. It did this 3 times before:eekfacepalm: the battery was to dead to start the car.

I checked the fusible links and the pink one was toast so would that be the problem and if so how would i fix it or make my own? thanks in advance guys.
what do you mean by : it was going to start and die? the starter stop ? or the battery die. Is there power left in the battry ? be more precise..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did state that the battery was to dead to start the car and i shall try to replace the fusible link what is the best way to make one close to the original resistance and amperage as the original

·
Registered
267 Posts
ok then, after fixing that problem you'll see if everything work fine . Hope for you.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found it. The AFM got pulled slightly out of contact. Lol i still need to replace the fusible links any got a few they wouldnt mind selling me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts