Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a posting in Orange County California for Carbon Fiber hoods. I emailed them to confirm it wasn't a MK3 mistaken. They emailed me a pic which is still in bubble wrap but does look like it. I emailed back that I wanna see, and if legit, I could provide them with a few sales. They are pricing them at $350, no bad considering what I heard and seen. The posting was flagged so don't know what's really going on. But the guy is keeping contact with me. Will let everyone know what happens. But I wanted to see who was really interested in getting one if legit. I will pass on the info once I find out everything. And once they get another craigslist post up, I will post it here.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Interesting.. How much weight do you save going CF? Or is it more about the bling factor?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Looks like MK3 hoods since the raised cowl section is wider than the mk2.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Kind of looks like an Mk3 hood. But if it's for the Mk2. I'm first on the list.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sweet, I hope this is legit.
I'm local if he wants to crank out any mkiii Cressida hoods / trunks / sunroofs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look at the hood, where the hump goes towards the front, it looks like it's not going off the hood like the MK3's.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like there are some real interest. I will buy one. If it's for a MK3, I will put it on my MK3 or sell it. If it's for MK2, going on there. I will let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
357 Posts
(Want's a mk1 CF hood) :sadsmilie

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
I'll take two

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
put me on the list too, a carbon fiber hood is all the fiber I need in the morning. 100% put me on the list, pending they are mk2 hoods. Been waiting for them. send me a PM when you know man, thanks

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I want a fg one, carbon is just not my cup of tea. I would paint it anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
im on the list too. oh man i would buy one in a heart beat. my supposed friend saying he was going to make one was a total flake so i am down.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I emailed them saying I'm buying one. Waiting on reply. Will let everyone know what's up.

Maybe we can do a group buy? Will discuss with them too.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Do you know the guys name? Wondering if it's the same guy that made my fiberglass header panel. Or his email address maybe?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts