Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GO TO POST # 75 ON PAGE 8 TO SEE WHAT PARTS ARE IN THE PROCESS OR BEING MANUFACTURED THE PARTS LISTED ON THIS FIRST POST WILL BE AVAILABLE LATER.

UPDATED ON 2/10/08

go to post 225 pg 23 to see pictures in fiberglass

Well I have some good news .
I talked with the maker of carbon fiber parts and if we can get a minimun of 30 of each . " hoods , hatches , headlight covers , underbody diffusers, mirror housings , pillars , moonroofs etc, we can get it made.
We are trying for 30 parts but may be able to do 20. Deposit would be a little more if we dont reach 30.

So heres the deal ; Carbon fiber Hatches or Hoods are $525.00 usd plus shipping . Fiberglass price is $425.00 plus shipping. Due to $ being devalued and material cost these are apx. pricing until I get a exact cost from manufacture.
Shipping in the usa is around $145.00
If you could get a hatch from Toyota I think wholesale is around $650.00 .

They will be available in carbon/kevlar , carbon fiber twill and
silver carbon fiber "wich is badass".

If several people decide on one address to ship there parts to
bulk shipping rate may apply.

This process will take around 3 months to achieve .

I know without a finished part to see its asking alot of everyone .

Here is what is needed .
To cover the cost of tooling , mold and to start production takes $3000.00 per hood or hatch . Smaller parts a lot less .

It takes a minimun order of 30 to make it worthwhile for production.

So what would be required is a 100.00 deposit towards a hatch, hood or both = 200.

You can see there work on ebay under keycompositesgroup seller id. Search carbon fiber nissan 240 or similar also look at other parts they for sale
Also look at the different materials. There quality and service is great .

I am currently in process of getting parts together so they can be used for molds.

For now I am concerned with hoods and hatches as far as pricing.
They will be stock type hoods and hatches. With holes OR NO holes FOR DIFFERENT SPOILER OPTIONS shouldn`t be problem.
All other parts will be most likely be made at same time.
Pricing for them will be in a few weeks .

So if we want this to happen here is the answer .
Please indicate in thread if you are ready to commit and make deposit before any deposits are made.
Deposits will be needed for hatches or hoods in 2 weeks thru paypal or money orders if received quickly.

And for now indicate : Hoods , Hatches , moonroof or headlight covers.
Balance of payment due in apx 2 to 3 months.
Pics will be posted when first production pieces are ran.

I hope we can make this happen . I dont see why not . This is for Real .

Thanks,
Barry B

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Any pics of the manufacturers previous parts so we can judge the quality?

I'd probably be down for a hood as long as there is no scoops in it (unless they're like the ones I designed, hehe)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
so in order to get the under body diffusers you need 30 orders? damn. they would be sweet too.

do you have anymore prices on parts? headlight covers etc. thanks

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Ok, so I'm glad you have worked hard to make this happen. You will have $200 dollars from me right after I pay resto here next week. Although I think your deadline might be a little to quick for some to gain interest and pay up.

Count me in for a Hood and Hatch.

Thanks for the hard work.
Leon

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would love to see this happen
however, i have other prorities for my supra
please make it happen

sidenote: i like the scoop on the one that CFX use to make

·
Registered
655 Posts
re: Carbon Fiber Parts

If you really want this to happen (and I think we all do), you may have to change some of the terms of the GB I'm afraid. If you've studied any of the other group buys on this site, it takes a loooong time to meet minimum order commitments, let alone receive deposits. You want 30 orders for each item? It will take way more time than two weeks for people to confirm and get you the funds. Also, the prices seem kind of expensive for the amount of orders they are hoping to get (compared to what has been offered in the past that is). Getting a hood and hatch shipped would cost close to $1400. How many people will be willing to spend that kind of money.........on a primarily aesthetic mod.......on a 22+ year old car? If it was for a minimum order of 10 I could see the high price, but for 30? Not worth it in my opinion. Don't take this the wrong way either, because I think having all these carbon fiber parts would be awesome. But given the criteria above, I think you are setting yourself up for failure. Extend the GB deposit date by another 3-4 weeks, minimum. This gives people hurting from the Christmas holidays some extra time to put the money together and mail to you. While your waiting, see if the company is flexible on their prices. One option would be to see if they would be willing to have a sliding scale discount based on how many items an individual buys on their own (ie. someone buys two items, they get 5% off. If he/she buys three items, gets 10% off etc....)? The notion of removing mass from our cars is interesting. But given the cost of admission, I think most people would probably rather spend it on go fast parts instead. Good luck with your GB. Hopefully it happens one way or another.

Sonny

P.S. Post up the fiberglass pricing when you get it. I'd wager more people would be interested in those prices, as they should be more affordable.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I agree more time for the GB to mature would be great for everyone. And also maybe trying to check other sources for cheaper CF manufactuing prices. What ever happened to carbonfiberfx?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
More time and info please, and perhaps get someone from them to get some kind of solid info on here from them, not trying to say we shouldn't trust you, but trying to trust them, and with that kind of a price, most people are going to need A more time, and B something solid to go on. I know I can afford the deposit on the hood and hatch, but I'm not going to throw money at something that may be too good to be true, this has been a hot subject for a while here(yes I know I actually did some searching here) and it had been talked about and not fulfilled. As far as the other site where the guy is investigating them, I care not who actually made it, as long as I get what I pay for, and at that cost it had better be good stuff. I'm sure you know already, but just to make sure, no one wants to get ripped off, so with some solid info, and perhaps a refund gaurentee on the deposit you will get my business for sure. Otherwise thanks for your work on this, it saves me some time making my own parts(and no I probably wouldn't make anymore than mine) and is somehting that I am very interested in. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Personally I think your starting off wrong, trying to get CF done first. FG would yield better demand and be cheaper imo as well as showing the quality coming from the manufacturer from a new mold.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
More time and info please, and perhaps get someone from them to get some kind of solid info on here from them, not trying to say we shouldn't trust you, but trying to trust them, and with that kind of a price, most people are going to need A more time, and B something solid to go on. I know I can afford the deposit on the hood and hatch, but I'm not going to throw money at something that may be too good to be true, this has been a hot subject for a while here(yes I know I actually did some searching here) and it had been talked about and not fulfilled. As far as the other site where the guy is investigating them, I care not who actually made it, as long as I get what I pay for, and at that cost it had better be good stuff. I'm sure you know already, but just to make sure, no one wants to get ripped off, so with some solid info, and perhaps a refund gaurentee on the deposit you will get my business for sure. Otherwise thanks for your work on this, it saves me some time making my own parts(and no I probably wouldn't make anymore than mine) and is somehting that I am very interested in. Thanks again
I agree, I want this and I could come up with the funds, but before I paypal 600+ bucks to some random address, I want some serious info and reputation to back it up. Also, Whose car is the fittament test/molding going to be done on? I want a minty straight example to be used, not a bent up hoopty like my car. I'm not criticizing you cryo guy, I'm just saying, the CS group is cheap as it is, and unless everything is in line, I doubt you're going to get much interest.(especially 30 orders)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have the same concerns as the previous posters. Please get fiberglass pricing, extend the time, and further establish the vendor as reputable.

Also, I believe Malloy has criteria that needs to be met (and a small fee that needs covered) for a group buy to take place. Lets not jump the gun with this but instead take it through the proper channels.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I agree, I want this and I could come up with the funds, but before I paypal 600+ bucks to some random address, I want some serious info and reputation to back it up.
X2. its hard to know who your gonna sue to get your money back after reading the links in this thread. 2 different companies. i1 for billing and 1 for shipping ?

wierd?
especially when one denies the blatent billing info and says no no no thats not us.http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2007/12/interesting-post-on-key-composites-and.html

HHHmmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cf Parts

Well, I understand some of your concerns.
The reason I was trying to get done sooner than later is that I have to have surgery the end of month and I will be unable to drive,lift or do much of anything for a month ,come March my schedule will be very very busy and dont know if I will have time to go to MARYLAND DELIVER PARTS etc,

Key composites make parts for a lot of different manufacters then they put there name on them. If you see there feedback rating on ebay I think they must be doing something right.

The parts used for molds will be from one of my Supras which is mint except for silver paint fade. Since Toyota doesn`t make body parts for them anymore.
To me fiberglass is going to cost as much because of painting. I will check on fiberglass pricing and update soon.

The reason they dont offer pic up at this time is because of security issues.
They dont have enough security due to big inventory for everyone to know where parts are stored.

Also I wasnt asking for all the $ at time of order, only deposit .
Then in 3 months balance, it could be a bit longer. The molds and tooling are expensive for this type of process, that is all deposit is for of course it is applied to total price.

As far as paying for group buy thru mallory I p/m him but never heard back. If there is enough interest I have no problem paying $ to post in g/b.

To me the hatches are most important, huge weight reduction and my white supra is in need of a hatch. the parts should weigh about half as much as stock parts.

If we have enough interest in one item we could do g/b but at this time I still say Hatches.

Well that is all for now thanks for your input .

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
IT is your deal, and I'm sure Malloy will get backto you soon, he is busy like everyone else here that have a life out side of this site. What I mean "It's you deal" is that if youo want a hatch, you are the spearhead on this, and it had occured to you that one part will be easier than multiple ones, so if you want to start with a hatch go for that. I will be in Maryland in about 3 weeks, so it being a small state, and if you are OK with a thrid party checking the place out, I will drive out there and take a look. I will not talk about pricing or whatever that is up to you, I wish not to get involved in that part, I just want to give some third party and personal piece of mind that these people are not going to screw us over. If it all checks out you will have my business for the hatch. Thanks for your work on this, I really hope this comes to fruition, I really want carbon fiber or fiberglass parts for my car.

1 - 20 of 326 Posts