Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

321 - 326 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
How did this decade+ old thread end up on the front page of our forum, I wonder? :unsure:

Wish I had read this thread before I went down the rabbit-hole ('twas before I became an active member here).

Life over the past 4 years has been more or less like a tsunami ? and only now have I recovered emotionally from the loss of my marriage, much of it due to my being a Supra cf addict. That is the sober truth. I even went homeless awhile back (living in my Supra), being that I spent much my life savings on a new home and outfitting a full garage. Not crying over spilled milk though. I honestly admit that I shed my first tears just today - and it was truly a catharsis.

I've survived through God's good graces, by some grand miracle, out of my own wit and determination. I am still battlng the Canadian court system for custody and child support, which IMHO is almost completely unfair to men (enough said about that). I don't want, nor expect, any pity. Afterall, marriage was my own choice to begin with, whether or not it worked out. It has probably been harder on the kids not knowing where their daddy is - living and working in the subArctic. In truth, I am happier now than when I was married. ?‍?‍?

Learning how to mould parts from scratch developed a deeper respect for the work it takes to rebuild and restore these fine antique vehicles, and I feel fortunate to have been able to hold onto mine - even through these difficult times. It still runs great and looks just dandy. I appreciate every mile I drive. Good luck to anyone willing to take the Bull by the horns. Make no bones about it. I won't. I have learned many a harsh lesson through my own mistakes. Afterall, what is life about, but a series of choices and lessons learned thereof. ?

·
POTATO
17,220 Posts
Welcome back! Good luck in your endeavors, I know it's damn hard to come back from the bottom but one day you wake up and you're already there. Hope to see you around more ?

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
Yeah there's a few composite sob stories on this board, thats for sure. It is much harder to start a business like this then people realize.

And the Supra/Life balance is a tough one to maintain too, I think most of us have struggled with that at some point. Glad you're back to a good place, hope to continue seeing you around here!

321 - 326 of 326 Posts