Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - the carby (downgrade ?) on my ma61 5M-E is finished and running - carby, manifold and distributor from a 4M fitted on easily, with some minor plumbing issues - the wiring is pretty much all there to suit a contact points system - electric fuel pump from a subaru - some air intake parts from a hilux and pod filter and she fired straight up - havnt been for a long drive yet but the carb jetting seems ok - much the same as the efi in the lower rev range - but runs out of puff at 3500 to 4000 rpm - I may be able to improve on this as the vacuum power valve is not working and after I fit the water injection I will be able to run more advance on the timing - any rate at least I can use the old girl at last - and all it cost me was a new inlet manifold gasket and air filter !!! Plus I have stripped out about 50-60 kilos of weight so far and I will probably be able to get another 20-30 yet fairly easily to compensate for the loss of the efi - might even try and find a weber or holley carby down the track -- cheers pitscars

1 - 2 of 2 Posts