Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Carpet

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  fjb 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if the carpet from a 85 celica would fit in a 85 supra? Or would carpet from a 85 cressida would fit in a 85? Thanks in advance!

#6 ·
Re: 85 carpet

xrsupra85 said:
http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/toyota.htm#Celica
85 supra carpet and such
Wow, I just checked this site for prices - the shipping cost was more than the cost of the carpet! Check out the floormats too - $53.95 for mats, $70 shipping! Is that a mistake?

#9 ·
I bought 2 sets of carpet from these guys about a year ago. I can tell you the carpet is very nice. It is better quality than the OEM carpet. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. I bought the entire front section and 4 floor mats. I would definately recomend the floor mats. They are very nice and fit the car perfectly. I didn't buy the rear hatch carpet. I paid $99.95 for the front passenger carpet and $53.95 for the floor mats and $18.00 shipping. Total was $171.90. Ask for Rob. I think he's the manager. I did all my business with him and everything worked out great.

#10 ·
http://www.1aauto.com/shipping_popup.php
their shipping info...
"Shipping is generally $7.00 to $22.00 on most orders shipped within the 48 States. We will e-mail a confirmation with total including shipping when we process the order. Any questions call us toll free 888-844-3393. Thank You."

i think their shipping calculator is buggered up, lol.
i also think i might buy carpet this coming year. :)

#12 ·
dogstar said:
their shipping info...
"Shipping is generally $7.00 to $22.00 on most orders shipped within the 48 States. We will e-mail a confirmation with total including shipping when we process the order. Any questions call us toll free 888-844-3393. Thank You."

Yeah, the shipping calculator looks to be off by a factor of 10!
My carpet is okay, but I'm looking for new floormats - preferably ones with the embroidered "Supra" script-type in the original medium gray carpet color. I didn't see these specifically listed nor pictured on the site.

#13 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mike Green, I am one of the owners of 1A Auto Inc. One of the CelicaSupra members was gracious enough to let us know that this post was going on.

Sorry about the bugs in the shipping calculator. We would never charge $120 on a carpet, or $70 on floor mats for 48 state shipping. Shipping (to the 48 states) for most passenger compartment carpets is $16, and for a complete sports car carpets (passenger and cargo) shipping is $19. Shipping on most Floor mats is $10.

Apologies for the error and thank you for being kind in your posts.

We appreciate the past business we have received, and we look forward to helping any members out in the future.

If you ever have a question about something you see on our website feel free to call toll free 888-844-3393 or email service@1aauto.com.

#14 ·
fjb said:
dogstar said:
their shipping info...

My carpet is okay, but I'm looking for new floormats - preferably ones with the embroidered "Supra" script-type in the original medium gray carpet color. I didn't see these specifically listed nor pictured on the site.
fjb for the floormats you might consider the 86-92 floormats that are on the site. I remember looking at an 86.5 mkiii and it had grey supra embroidered mats.

#15 ·
www.1aauto.com said:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mike Green, I am one of the owners of 1A Auto Inc. One of the CelicaSupra members was gracious enough to let us know that this post was going on.
That would be me 8) , Do I win a free 7M now :?: Seriously, just made sense to help everyone on both ends out. I'm not in the market for carpet, but I used to live in his area so I figured helping out a local guy and the forum would be cool. :flex:

#16 ·
Hi Mike,

Thanks you for the clarification, and welcome to the forum. How about a group buy for the forum? :)

www.1aauto.com said:
Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the bugs in the shipping calculator. We would never charge $120 on a carpet, or $70 on floor mats for 48 state shipping. Shipping (to the 48 states) for most passenger compartment carpets is $16, and for a complete sports car carpets (passenger and cargo) shipping is $19. Shipping on most Floor mats is $10.

Apologies for the error and thank you for being kind in your posts.

We appreciate the past business we have received, and we look forward to helping any members out in the future.

If you ever have a question about something you see on our website feel free to call toll free 888-844-3393 or email service@1aauto.com.

#17 ·
Did somebody say Group Buy? First has anyone bought the celica carpet from them. Im curious if there are any little differences. And I need money so if you guys see a car chase on tv because someone robbed a 7-11, that will be me :lol: .

#19 ·
how much do you think it would be for a group buy....I mean some people only want certain parts, and people like me would like to get the enitre set including the floor mats.......let us know

#21 ·
FYI, I just got Lloyds floor mats from www.Roadworksauto.com very nice mats. Lloyds offers three trim levels in floor mats, $59, $79 and $99. 4 piece mats fit very, very well. I like the thinner mats but thats just me :wink:

#23 ·
Superium said:
fjb said:
dogstar said:
their shipping info...

fjb for the floormats you might consider the 86-92 floormats that are on the site. I remember looking at an 86.5 mkiii and it had grey supra embroidered mats.
Yes, those would probably work; are they the same size? I couldn't find a picture on the site, but I did find the product order link at http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/toyota.htm
Part #9850
1986-92
Toyota Supra 4pc.
http://www.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?u...aauto.com/carpet/toyota.htm#Supra&units=70.00
Add to Cart
add color in cart
Floor mats
Cut Pile
$53.95

It doesn't specifically say that these are embroidered with "Supra" though - did you find a picture of this on the site somewhere?
As for color, I see lots of choices in "grey" but I've no idea which of these matches my original interior carpet color (see http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/cutpile.shtml for the color choices). Does anyone know for sure which is the best match? I think the closest are #877 "Dove Grey", or #9779 "Medium Grey" or #903 "Mist Grey" ... but my car is out in the garage and my computer is here on my desk ... and I can't see them side by side! :?
Also, is there a picture of the floor mats somewhere on the site, so I can see the logo? I'd hate to be disappointed to see that the mats weren't the embroidered Supra logo ones, or that the size is slightly off.
I've sent these questions off to the folks at 1aauto.com - will post a followup here when I hear back from them (unless they beat me to it!).

A group buy on original embroidered Supra floor mats would be Outstanding!

#24 ·
[quote="fjb
As for color, I see lots of choices in "grey" but I've no idea which of these matches my original interior carpet color (see http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/cutpile.shtml for the color choices). Does anyone know for sure which is the best match? I think the closest are #877 "Dove Grey", or #9779 "Medium Grey" or #903 "Mist Grey" [/quote]

Best thing to do to assure correct color match is to send them a small swatch of your existing carpet. Locate a piece that has been out of the sun and is not dirty nor faded. Good areas to find such a piece are:
* Under the rear seats
* Under the center console/armrest
* On the sides near the radio. There is a "tongue" of carpet that is stuck under the trim surrounding the radio and gear shift. It rests on top of the tranny tunnel on both the driver and passenger side.

Don't guess the color, send them a sample.

Shine on you crazy diamond.
Scott

#25 ·
fjb said:
Also, is there a picture of the floor mats somewhere on the site, so I can see the logo? I'd hate to be disappointed to see that the mats weren't the embroidered Supra logo ones, or that the size is slightly off.
I've sent these questions off to the folks at 1aauto.com - will post a followup here when I hear back from them (unless they beat me to it!).

A group buy on original embroidered Supra floor mats would be Outstanding!
I've been swamped, and forgot to post the followup, so here it is.

Unfortunately, the outfit that made the embroidered "Supra" floormats for 1aauto.com has discontinued our mats. Sigh. From the message, it didn't sound as though a group buy would change that.

Is there another source out there for embroidered Supra floormats, in the original style? Does someone have a nice set they can photograph and post (including dimensions)? If so, maybe we can find someone to make some recreations?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.