Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been searching but really cant find a very good answer...

I am deciding on how to route my PCV system and wondering if I should go from valve cover to Catch can and vent the can with a breather

OR

Route it back into the turbo accordian hose??

So many arguments on this topic at supramania, and just not too much info here so what do you guys think.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i think its best to run a hose pre turbo to the catch can..from the accordian hose for those that use the accordian(couldnt imagine why..tease.)
this will give you positive vacuum just like the stock set up.

For arguments sake....if your engine is fresh and tight you wont get hardly anything in your catch can due to no oil blow by on the rings etc etc... but ive seen engines that were a little more worn have blow by and have accumulation in the can.

edit..also get a pcv breather tube from a 7mge N/A as it flows into one and then u only need one hose from the valve covers...the one in the write up link you have looks like shit with 2 hoses..jmo.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emptied my ghetto rigged can that I setup just to get my car running and it had a little bit in it, but it wasnt oil...it was clear...so IDK.
It is setup from the cover, to the catch can, then to the accordian hose.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
no filter on can. tight or not the crank case will build up pressre (gasses) that need to go somewhere. they need to be pulled out like the oem set up

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you don't evacuate the crankcase with vacuum, the life of the oil will be degraded quickly, as in oil changes every 1000 miles instead of 3000. The vapors will settle into the oil and break it down, and eventually create sludge if not changed out quickly. It's one the problems I've been dealing with since I went to ITBs, since there is not a decent vacuum source or intake plenum volume to pull on the crankcase. I don't put that many miles a year on the car, so 1000 mile oil changes aren't a problem, but it would be on a daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts