Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i check it. I tried paper clipping my way from the T port to the E1 port blah blah blah but i have had no successes. can someone either link me to a walk through so i can double check that i am doing it right or post help here please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
indeed, but i figured it would be a good place to start since the cars are similar, and i haven't really found a good active cressida forum

·
Registered
809 Posts
The CEL in many supra's will not work if the throttle position sensor is out of adjustment, so that could be what is preventing it from blinking codes as expected. Just going from memory here...

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had the same problem. Never really figured it out, but it worked sometimes and other times it didn't.

-Like doug82supra said, make sure the throttle position sensor is working properly and that the throttle body is closing all the way
-The Neutral Safety Switch may not be working properly. Try to check the codes in both Park and Neutral.
-Turn all of the accessories off

·
Registered
515 Posts
Check your "Check Engine" bulb too. Unless you've seen it on before, it may have been removed or burnt out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you, and the bulb is definitely in there, as it annoys me while im driving all the time. going to check those things now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts