Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
---

Update 09/10/18

This project/website has been shut down.

It didn't net the community engagement needed to be viable.

It was fun while it lasted! Special thanks to Dave Cowger and CS1984.

This post has some links to archived wiki pages.

---

Hi everyone.

I want to invite you to check out (and participate in, if you'd like) an experimental project I've been working on.

www.celicasuprawiki.com

What is it?---

It's wiki, but purposed only for Celica Supras.

It runs on the same platform as Wikipedia, so all of the pages are editable, by anyone.

Why?---

A few reasons...

• It can be an easily searchable index of repair info, guides, modifications and more.
    [HR][/HR]
  • It can be a reliable image host for your guides (looking at you, Photobucket ಠ_ಠ).
    [HR][/HR]
  • You can annotate any repair article with your personal experience on the topic.
What do you want from me?---

A few things...

• Feedback - Recommended changes, suggested articles.
    [HR][/HR]
  • Contributions - Would you like to create an article? Have at it!
    [HR][/HR]
  • Admin - If you are able to help with site administration please let me know.
    [HR][/HR]
  • Sharing is Caring - If you like the site, please share it with your CS friends.
Anything else?---

Yup...

• I have created several articles already to give the site a head start. If I used your write-up or images you have been visibly attributed as the source of the contributions with links to the original thread (or website if hosted externally).
    [HR][/HR]
  • You should know what I mean when I say it's an experimental project, I am seeing if this is something the CS community would be interested in participating in. I am funding the site for a year at minimum, what happens with it during that time will determine it's future.
    [HR][/HR]
  • If you would like to check out a similar wiki that has been around longer (and as such has more content), check out the Fiat X-web Wiki which was the inspiration for this project in the first place.

That's the rundown. I am curious to see how (or if) this project pans out.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading all that jargon. :)

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Kudos on the initiative...always good to have options. By organizing and posting links to CS.com may help save time with development and search, adding traffic to both sites. GLWT :thumbsup:

Here's a little boost...try: MKII.ca

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Sorry I haven't had time to help you out, been super busy since I got back from vacation. This thing is awesome though, looking forward to how it shapes up.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm glad at least some people are digging it. It's going to be around at least a year so if you find some time to contribute it would be much appreciated.

I am going to continue slowly building content with useful write-ups and cleaned up TSRM instructions/images.

Also a few things I forgot to mention...

1) This is not a money making endeavor (quite the opposite, actually). It's a hobby project that I had been hoping to try for some time now. You'll notice there are no ads on the wiki, I'm eating the hosting costs myself to try this out.

2) Hotlinking uploaded images for your posts on celicasupra.com is fine! Just remember the link may die after a year or so depending on what ultimately happens with the site.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
I'm IN!
Easy access fuel pump:Cut the hatch floor.

revvhappy's pix.
The fuel pump goes OVER this in tank baffle.

·
Whistles
1,050 Posts
If I had to guess, you don't like to drop fuel cells either.

·
POTATO
17,207 Posts
The fuel tank is rather easy to drop, I have done so at least 3 times now, all by myself.

To each their own though.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This has been on hiatus several months as I was remaking my companies website. I plan to put some more time into it now, though the fate of the project isn't looking good.

Anyone know if there actually are differences between the 1985 and 1986 TSRM? I got an excellent condition TSRM and EWD for my model year and I'm not sure if it would be worth digitizing them.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Actually, there are a few corrections in the 86 TSRM of errors or omissions in the 85 version. Other than that, the only differences are the 2 small changes for 86 of the CHMSL and the addition of AM Stereo to the head unit.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the test run is coming to an end.

The wiki will shut down on the 22nd of this month.

Special thanks to Dave Cowger and CS1984 for your help in trying it out.

What articles are on it now will be archived on the Wayback Machine for the foreseeable future. Most of these were prioritized because the originals had dead links thanks to Photobucket's changes and other sites going offline.

Home Page

MK2 Hub

MK1 & MK2 Firing Order

MK2 Auto Trans Fluid Specs
MK2 Manual Trans Fluid Specs
MK2 Alternator Test
MK2 Fog Light Mod
MK2 LED Flasher Fix
MK2 to MK3 Alternator Swap
MK2 Wes Hetrick Air Intake Mod
MK2 5M-GE Specs
MK2 Oil & Filter Specs