Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Power windows:
All JDM Celica XX are with power windows.
Including 2000L.
So if we want manual windows, we have to swap them from 4-cylinder Celica or Corona(JDM car).
Some of the Celica and Corona(JDM) had manual windows and their doors are same as Celica XX's.

Power door lock switch:
Celica XX 2000Turbo-S, 2000S, and 2000L never get power door lock switch.
These models don't have door lock solenoids.
Nope. Some of the 2000's (excluding the 2000GT) came out with manual window winders...
i know of 2 over here in NZ, ones a M-TE and another is a 1G-E

About rear seat belts.

I found that USDM have self-rolling rear seat belts.
JDM XX's rear seat belts just sit on the rear seat like this.

Do Euro and Australia/New Zealand Supra have 3-point rear seat belts goes through shoulder?
Both our GA61 and MA61 here have 3 point in the rear.

If i can talk my old man into putting a battery back in his slightly sick MA61, i'll try and get a recording of that stupid little japanese voice that irritates the daylights out of owners lol.

Looks like my GA61 might be a slightly stranger model than i thought... 1G-GE, w55 and a 4.3 open diff, has no speed light, no cruise control or cruise computer (not even wiring), the speed warning thingy is there but has no wire behind the dash to connect it to, has the 1st click doess nothing headlight switching (same year as our MA61, 1983, but the 2 have different headlight switching in them), no power mirrors, no emissions control or o2 sensor... its almost a bare basic but its a 2000GT :S

We also have a GA61 XX Celica Supra here, used to be a 1G-GE, that is JDM but go figure that it has the US drop mirrors on it...

1G-GE in a 1983 GA61 XX

I'll get some better photos of the 1G-GE for u all when i start to pull it out in a few weeks time to put the 2j in...

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
You sure it has a 4.3 open diff?

2000GTs are supposed to have 4.56s...

·
Registered
27 Posts
never seen a 4.5 over here in nz yet

As Toymad said earlier in this thread, NZ gets some strange models, things on cars almost never conform to what they're spose to be by specifics in books.

·
Registered
637 Posts
just a question....sorry to bring an old thread back but ,anyone know where i can find a mirror delete for the mkII found one at the local junkyard popped it out of a celica but it only had the right side and not the left. anyones help will be good thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Such a great thread, I'll get some pictures of the interior on my 82 UK spec car this afternoon for you all to have a look at.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You guys have probably seen a lot of this before, I apologize for the picture quality, it was raining outside (as per usual over here) so I had to take them in the shed sadly

Lap belt on the centre seat

Side rear belts similar to US spec?

The front belts go down to a rail like this, not sure if they're all like that

Centre light, gotta love the way the little plastic protective film is still on the piece of metal trim after all these years!

Different wheel to US spec I believe

Mine has this strange headlight alert gizmo on it, when you open the doors it beeps repeatedly. Really annoying!

Forgot to get a picture of the centre console, it has the aerial switch, yellow fog light switch and another I can't remember!

Regards, Lew

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Looks nice! Us spec did not come with the rear shoulder belts... just a retractable lap belt
And that must be a Euro spec? Not an xx, hence Celica Supra on wheel
Cool car though.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
I have a German MK2 Brochure with a nice pic of a cluster hmmm have to check to see if its 140MPH ?????

Really? Cluster says 140mph?? I WANT IT.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
US (130mph), Can (205km/h)

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Being another Euro spec car it probably is the same, what do your clocks go up to then?
Yep, only 130mph for us here, and the speedo/tach are on opposite sides, as well as the smaller gauges

*note* modified in color US spec cluster

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just to add to this, the JDM parking light two-position toggle switch was found on a lot of older cars here. I think it was so that you could park the car longer on the side of the road and consume less battery power as it only illuminated the outer most lights.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts