Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I posted but I haven't forgotten this site!
Here's the link: http://www.hotrocks.tv/shows.aspx?ID=2970071

It's an hour long so read below first!

The story:
My band has been playing pretty often around the Seattle area lately. We're called Nether.
About 2 months ago we had a chance to do a local access tv interview that included show footage. A camera crew came out to one of our shows and filmed. Then they edited it down and set up a day for the interview.
So my bass player and I are both on this site , we both drive Mk II's and we both have Supra shirts from Tanya's Cafepress.com store. I happen to wear it for the show that was filmed and Shane ( bass player ) happen to wear his for the interview. SO we got to talk Supras and cs.com for a part of the interview!
The show is an hour long and I THINK we talk about the supra's about half way through. If anyone actually watches this maybe you can post up the time spot when we actually do.

For any one who has an intrest in local music; enjoy!:salute:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
damn, you guys sound good!

where can we buy albums, and do you have your lyrics posted somewhere?

EDIT: found it through the link!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! and yes, the link in my post signature is our Myspace page. We're also on Facebook.
The only way right now to get our stuff is at shows. We should be on I tunes early next year though!

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Your drummer is a fan of Rush & Neil Peart. That's awesome!! He will go far in life. LOL!! I bet he would love a set of Neil's signature series Paragon Sabian cymbals for Xmas. ;) You guys have a nice sound. Not too soft & not too harsh. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
STEVE FREAKIN ROCK-Kool Tre. Hope his Temp gig goes permanent at KISW. Band sounds real good, different from so much of what you hear at local shows. Comin down to the Kitchen, or any of the other South Sound spots soon? :laugh:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the comments! We've really worked hard on this project. It's been a dream of mine for a long time and we're really hoping to make a career out of it. Of course.

STEVE FREAKIN ROCK-Kool Tre. Hope his Temp gig goes permanent at KISW. Band sounds real good, different from so much of what you hear at local shows. Comin down to the Kitchen, or any of the other South Sound spots soon? :laugh:
Steve Rock was awesome. There's a lot that goes on between the interview sections plus we talked to him before and after. It was a blast!
I would love to play a show down further south. We don't really have a booking guy to talk to in that area though. It's kind of a word of mouth situation.

Damn, you guys are really good! How long did it take so polished? Nice video also.
The band has been around for about 4 years so I guess that's how long it took. We still have far to go in my opinion but we've made some big strides lately.

I would love to post band stuff on here more often but it seems a little too off topic. This interview kind of gave me a chance to connect my two hobbies!

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
Booking is a pain, huh. Sunday, January 10th is your next show date? We need to talk Shawn into having a pre show meet...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
With the new Hells Kitchen location in T-town I don't have to worry about awful parking (better parking or a single bus, they moved ~2 miles in the past week, now downtown ~1000 S Pacific Ave). Hells Belles plays there often. If you play in the South Sound we'll get the Supra folks to show.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Booking is a pain, huh. Sunday, January 10th is your next show date? We need to talk Shawn into having a pre show meet...
That show is supposed to be a benifit for a family who had their house burn down around them. I'm STILL waiting for details from the guys that are running it. I'm just hoping it actually happens.:32:

I'll keep an eye out for south sound shows. You'll know we're there when you see my Supra / band van. :zzzzz:

·
Registered
906 Posts
That show is supposed to be a benifit for a family who had their house burn down around them. I'm STILL waiting for details from the guys that are running it. I'm just hoping it actually happens.:32:

I'll keep an eye out for south sound shows. You'll know we're there when you see my Supra / band van. :zzzzz:
If it's the family i'm thinking of, you should see the house ..... Come visit, it's 2 blocks away.

Let me know if this one happens, still haven't made a show, for many reasons, and really want to check you guys out. The closer the better ;) so my cab fare will be reasonable, LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts