Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to order two celicasupra vinyl stickers for my mkII, i have a few questions.

1. Do they come in colors? or just white?

2. How much?

3. Who should i talk to? (Daniel [email protected] from socalsupras is the sticker maker for socalsupras.com who should i contact about the celicasupra.com stickers?)

Lastly i wanna make sure that when they're shipped to me that they will not be folded, i had a huge fit about my socalsupras stickers being folded in half and it was just a nightmare, i just wanna make sure its clear that my stickers will not be folded. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,186 Posts
$8.00 for a pair. Silver or white. I will be able to send them to you next weekend, when I get back home from Vegas.

They are too small to fold, no worries :)

Please Paypal the $ to [email protected]

Thanks,
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can someone post a pic of what they look like? and maybe a pic of one lined up with a ruler (with one corner aligned at 0) so i can see the approx size of the sticker?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,445 Posts
See white logo at the top of the page (without the small tiny little fine print). Has the side outline of the 82 - 84 MKII & says celicasupra.com.

I just went outside to the parking garage & measured the sticker that is on the Silver Slug. From end to end, it measures between 5 3/4" - 5 5/8" inches. Don't know the measurement in MM, the ruler that I grabbed only had inches on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CJSREDPRA said:
See white logo at the top of the page (without the small tiny little fine print). Has the side outline of the 82 - 84 MKII & says celicasupra.com.

I just went outside to the parking garage & measured the sticker that is on the Silver Slug. From end to end, it measures between 5 3/4" - 5 5/8" inches. Don't know the measurement in MM, the ruler that I grabbed only had inches on it.
thank you very much for your help... i appreciate it...
i was a drafter for 4 years (mechanical and architechtural) so the measurements give me a better idea of where its gonna go.
again thanks...

kory...
 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,736 Posts
my gripe

Ya know my gripe? It's that there's a 6 page thread about vinyl celica supra stickers, this thread and every other thread relating to the keywords Celicasupra AND logo and ya know what, even though I KNOW the stickers look like the logo @ the top of the page, I still want to see a sticker. Preferably next to a ruler, and installed/on a vehicle as well so I can get a sense of how they look.

Still haven't seen any pix... I mean even dimensions... I'm sure someone said the dimensions somewhere but I must have missed them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,964 Posts
Here's an overall pic and close up with the stickers on my car. DJ applied these before I bought the car. I'm not sure if the measurements changed at all but the ones I have look great!

sorry about the the second pic, the decal is out of focus.


 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,736 Posts
Sweet thank you. I think what I'll do is vector trace them and get mine custom made, because I want something that fits in the full length of the side window. I also wanna get a wide one for the windshield.

What I'm thinking of doing is getting a "techno" font and doing it like this

WWW.[celicasupra car logo w/ celicasupra @ the bottom].COM

That should make it wide enough to not have to skew the proportions of the default logo, aside from modifying the text underneath the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
kmfdmk said:
Sweet thank you. I think what I'll do is vector trace them and get mine custom made, because I want something that fits in the full length of the side window. I also wanna get a wide one for the windshield.

What I'm thinking of doing is getting a "techno" font and doing it like this

WWW.[celicasupra car logo w/ celicasupra @ the bottom].COM

That should make it wide enough to not have to skew the proportions of the default logo, aside from modifying the text underneath the car.
You might want to talk to Mike Malloy before you go and reproduce that logo. He had it made and owns the copyright on the design.
 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,736 Posts
If he wants to sue me over making something the he hasn't bothered to produce yet, then I'll just say I'm not making it... I'm promoting HIS website....

eh whatever. It'd probably be more expensive that what I'd want to pay anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
did you forget to learn how to read? using someone else's design is copyright infrigement, regardless of how you claim you're planning to use it. just so you can't claim general stupidity, copyright laws give mike exlusive rights to do and to authorize others to do the following:
Code:
To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;

To prepare derivative works based upon the work;

To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;

To perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works;

To display the copyrighted work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work; and

In the case of sound recordings, to perform the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.
in particular, id be concerned about that second item, regarding derivitive works. oh wait, lemme define that for you:

de·riv·a·tive
adj. - 2. Copied or adapted from others: a highly derivative prose style.
 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,736 Posts
falconindy said:
did you forget to learn how to read? using someone else's design is copyright infrigement, regardless of how you claim you're planning to use it. just so you can't claim general stupidity, copyright laws give mike exlusive rights to do and to authorize others to do the following:
Code:
To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;

To prepare derivative works based upon the work;

To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;

To perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works;

To display the copyrighted work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work; and

In the case of sound recordings, to perform the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission.
in particular, id be concerned about that second item, regarding derivitive works. oh wait, lemme define that for you:

de·riv·a·tive
adj. - 2. Copied or adapted from others: a highly derivative prose style.

I'm sorry falconIndy, you must think I'm a fucking retard, but since you're into assuming things I'll just go ahead and say thanks for clarifying copyright law for anyone else that actually is daft.

No need to be a dick. But really I'm not the only one that wants a windshield one.

I'd pay Malloy 30 bucks, just to use the AI file that's posted up on the server. (which while under copyright, isn't exactly hard to get ahold of). I'll pay Malloy 30 bucks, for the one time use of the logo to make a big windshield one. If he agrees to it, there's no problem. If he doesn't I'll come up with something else to put on the windshield. But I'd rather get it in the colors I want, not simply black, & white and the other primaries.
 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,736 Posts
Eh, I'll be the first to admit it it's not 180, but the 5M-GE was originally rated for 180. Most likely it's between 150 and 160 is my guess. I have added Bosch Platinum 2's, Aftermarket air-filter, and I'm getting ready to add a freer flowing cat. The MPH I did was what my calculations led me to believe woud be the top end should be. That was factoring in RPMs, final drive output of tranny, rear-end gear ratio, and 225 60-R14's

However it tops @ 128mph, because the engine will not rev past about 5700rpm while in 5th. However if it would run up to right around 6700 it should hit right between 138 and 142.

My Supra looks nearly exactly like that, same make and model, at the time I didn't have a digital camera, and didn't want to bother scanning photographs I haven't taken of it.
 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,736 Posts
If you're the person who took the pic, then I'll gladly yank it. I didn't intend to violate any copyrights. (if any exist) At the time I simply googled for supras till I found one that matched mine.


*Edit* Since I don't know who's car it was, I'm going to go ahead and delete the image till I can get a shot of my actual car. It's the right thing to do.

For those curious it was an image of an 85 Celica Supra, that had the dark blue/gray paint, stock rims, it was a shot from the left front of the entire vehicle and it was in front of some tractor Trailers (the trailers).
And the text on it said : 85 Celica Supra, 6-cylinder 180HP 140mph+

I'm not being sheisty or anything, I'm simply removing the picture in the event it might be copyrighted. I'll take another shot that's similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
oh, so i see you're no stranger to borrowing other people's work without permission. thanks for clearing that up for me.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top