Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have looked High and low and i want a set of these rear vents and the XX badges.. who can get them and how soon?? :?:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
try asking the guy that posted about looking for the "rear side markers" he might be of some help on locating some of those vents

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Hey All.

I am just interested in getting the side markers as well as the associated wireing which is required, I am thinking of buying them. I don't want to swap my vents over yet since i want to be able to swap and change with the mood i am in.

As for the front Celica XX badge. I heard that in New Zealand they are readly avaliable since all the condemed Japanese cars are exported there.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ma615mgte,

The rear vents are standard issue on all our Australian supras, I've got a set sitting in my parts car, $10 plus shipping if you're interested...... (not sure how much shipping from Australia to America would run for these things!!)

1984 MA-61 5M-E CelicaSupra black
1984 MA-61 5M-E CelicsSupra red (parts)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ha!

Americans want the vents that we Aussie's got, and us Aussie's(well some of us anyway) want the marker lights. I already have a set, although not yet installed.

Anyway, as has already been said those vents are standard equipment on Aussie Supra's, also on same shape Celica's. The XX nose badges *might* be possible for us to get in Oz, I have a Jap EPC but I can't remember if it has the XX in it. If I could find the part number it is possible that they could be ordered from Japan, although I have no idea as to if they are still available though. I can investigate for you if you like. If they are available it would be cost of me getting them plus shipping to you. It might take a while though. It just took me about 10 weeks to get a new front bumper shipped from Japan.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
if you have the part number any NA toyota dealer can order the part for you, assuming its still available.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea if any auzzie on NZ members can get a part # ill check the dealer for the part! please keep me updated

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Here...

RH side...
Louver assy: 62905-19265
Duct assy: 62930-14040

LH side...
Louver assy: 62906-19245
Duct assy: 62940-14030

that doesn't include the hardware, which is two nuts per side. Should be the same as the nuts on the reflectors I imagine.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
local dealer in us couldnt help :( guess it's the overseas junkyards!! so HEEEELP!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<snicker>

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you can't get it through a toyota dealer with a part number then its discontinued. also, don't tell them what its for, just ask them to order the parts and you'll take what ever comes in. thats how we AE86 guys get J-Spec bumpers alot of times. the US system will say those parts can be ordered and a price, just won't have a discription.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did only give them a part#.. they couldn't find anything by it.. so i am relying on the overseas guy's for the vents and duct work. STILL looking for the XX badges.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man i cant remember wich one's i gave them.. but they were unava

i am hoping to get them.. cause this car will be ready for vegas this year.. but not with out the badges/and vents!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re XX badge, last i knew a mate of mine in NZ had themt ry - andy.supras.org.nz he prob. will be able to supply a few if you want.

Other wise try sconz - the supra club of NZ. :)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i e-mailed him once, i got no reply. is he on the fourums? :roll:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try him at [email protected]

if you still cant get one ill have a look around for you and see if i can get one......no you cant have the one off my bonnet :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm nearly due for another trip to the Toyota wankers/wreckers. When he has them (quite often), he charges Aus. $10 for each B-pillar (inclueding badges) and $30 for the bonnette XX or Supra Duck emblem.

Whatever I get, I'll raffle them of at cost price + shipping to anyone in the US who wants.

See the pix section and you'll see the groovey Supra keyring I made with one XX and one Supra Duck B-Pillar badge!

- Justin
JZA-61 in rpoduction

1 - 20 of 27 Posts