Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my friend found a loose bolt under the car the other day. Turns out it's one of the two bolts securing the center bearing bracket. At first I thought the bolt was stripped, but upon further inspection the bolt is in great shape! However, the nut it threads into seems it was supposed to be welded to the under side of the chassis, but has broken loose.. and I can't access it unless I cut through the chassis from inside the car (about an inch or so to the left of the bolt hole you can see in the second picture), or from the side underneath which is a much harder angle to work with.
Black Grey Auto part Metal Monochrome photography
Hood Snout Water Circle Metal

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! I was planning to cut a little hole from inside the car to access it, re-weld the nut, and then patch the hole.. is there a better solution?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh awesome, i've never heard of those before... i just went and grabbed a few so now I just need to make an install tool, and that looks pretty simple..

so just leave the tip of the bolt and the old nut rattling around in there forever? lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts