Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The main reason I made them was to replace my rocker moulding before it bit the dust. I keep the OEM ones on the shelf. I tried many ways to fab them mainly with cost in mind...no cost in the arm chair (at least they won't rust). I would've had to get my hands on a mint OEM set had I attempted to make them as original.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just found a better closed cell foam...would use IF I was to do it again (tighter bubbles & less expansion)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Also, L-types are a little more forgiving when it comes to the rockers since they do not insert into the mudflaps. Many bodykits are made with polyester resin which has considerable shrinkage.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Mr Wisker, I believe we met at the chicken burger a few years ago. I am trying to accumulate the trim pieces for my 83 P type before I strip it down and refinish. I am interested in the rocker moldings that you have been working on. As you know rocker moldings are impossible to find. Drop me a line.

Bigpete

·
Registered
64 Posts
Definitely keeping an eye on this thread. My 83 is slowly deteriorating and I would love to see all the trim pieces back on this bad boy one day.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Mr Wisker, I believe we met at the chicken burger a few years ago. I am trying to accumulate the trim pieces for my 83 P type before I strip it down and refinish. I am interested in the rocker moldings that you have been working on. As you know rocker moldings are impossible to find. Drop me a line.

Bigpete
Hi Pete,

I'm sure we can accommodate. I have a number of projects on the go, so atm they're in kind of a state of limbo.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Would be nice if you made exact replicas and offered them with a black paint finish option. That would sell.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a fairly new set on my wife's 86 ..... Got them a couple years ago....shame we aren't a little closer! Plus I think she would shoot me when she comes out to the garage and noticed them missing! What do you think it would cost to ship to you from nj? Do you think there would be enough members who would buy a set to go thru that much time and effort?
Shannon

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I know exactly what you`re saying. Those big pieces are hard to ship which is why I have shy`d away from them. It would have been worth it last year, but now, well, let`s just say, thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

...there`s always next year! :naughty:

·
Registered
241 Posts
No problem. If there is ever a high demand and a good opportunity for you....you have my number! Thanks again for the pair of whiskers! You should have seen the look on my buddy's face when I gave him his set! Completed his car!!!! Looks like oem!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts