Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now as I assume Chad is a bit steamed I wanted to let everyone know that Chad went up against a Deer last night and lost.

I got the call around 9 pm and he had run into a deer...or better yet the deer ran into him.......

Half way through his explanation of what had happened he told me that the deer was pretty much running down the road towards him, he slammed on his brakes and came to a complete stop....

Just in time for it to come charging into his hood.... There goes his nice newly redone front Kamanari spoiler, hood etc.

I am sure in the next few days he will chime in and give full details..

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
ouch :( I kinda know how that feels, your driving and all of a sudden thump thump :explode: "my car" :x

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not exactly correct, but close the deer ran at me at an angle from the passenger side on a dark two-lane. I hit the brakes when I saw it, but was still moving when we collided head-on. I thought for sure it was going to come through the windshield, but it got caught up in the front grill, then thrown back down the road.

I am pretty pissed about it....since I spent so much time repairing the Kamanari kit and putting it back on the car. Oh well. I am going to make this work to my advantage. I am taking the car into the most expensive body shops around to get some estimates.

Initial Damage Toll:
Grill busted in several pieces (2.8GT badge survived)
Kaminari front spoiler with several large cracks
Smashed header panel
Passenger headlight won't go back up, once I put it down
Damaged bumper
Hood appears to be pushed up and back, not sure of the damage.
Air-Water Intercooler Radiator is damaged
Both turn signals and fog lights seem to be OK, but I have not looked at them closely.
I haven't opened the hood yet, since I didn't know if I could get it back down, and I still had 70 miles to go last night.

I will post some pics in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Damn dears. Well it doesn't sound too bad. The header panel is the only damaged part there that can be hard to find. I think I know of a couple up here if you can't find one closer. The kit is fg right? Easily fixed. And we'll see what we can do about a hood for you. I'm putting the pressure on

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yea, I am not too worried about the hood, since my new carbon-fiber hood should be here any day...right :wink:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Chad. In NC we have the deer problem big time! I like running hard at night on a couple of roads that I know like the back of my hand but in my mind I'm always wondering about a deer taking me out.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Dang it. :( Hope it all works out ok.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
man that sucks i feel for you, never *knock on wood* happened to me in my supra but in my ol truck i smacked a deer soo hard, but only bent the bumper of my tank....

good luck with getting it fixed

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Ouch Chad!! This royally sucks!!!!!

Too early to tell if Vegas is a go or no go????

(GREAT, ANOTHER possible year that I don't get to see the Spearcomobile. Haven't seen it since it left the PacNW).

My condolences!! :(

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hey dude it cuould have been worse...At least you are O.K.

At least you got the pics sent 4 the calander b4 it happened.

I got a cool pic of your car from the ground with most of the C.N tower in the background. I'll send it to you

Later Friend

Mark

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Chad,
It is truly a sad day in Supraville. Your car was -and I'm sure will be again- a beauty.

Eric

·
Registered
749 Posts
I sure hope ya got some deer steaks out of the deal...... I'm pretty sure I woulda been out chasin' the deer with my pocket knife out. :nutkick: NO WAY he would be able to just walk away.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I appreciate everyone's replies. After opening the hood, all of the supports running next to the headlights and for the hood latch are bent up....I am very curious as to what the estimate from the Toyota dealer will be. Looks like it will be at least a couple of weeks before they can get me into the body shop, depending on what the insurance company comes up with. I know the front Erebuni piece is about $280+$85 shipping. Still have to find an appropriate intercooler radiator.

The sad thing is that I was 1 week away from switching to an insurance company that deals specifically with classic cars (over 20 years old), and it was going to be insured for $12,500. Now I have to deal with State Farm, and hope we don't go over the magic 70% of NADA.

Oh, and that deer didn't get away...it was dead as a.........dead deer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts