Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the Charcoal canister from the car to make room for the turbo elbow. Do I just plug the lines or connect them together?

Did a search on this site and on the MKII Y! group but didnt get any hits.

THanx

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
charcoal canister is used for the emission purpose... while living in VA beach, va emissions is no big issue so I just plug it up... I am not familiar with emission laws in Portland... but you can get a smaller canister and use it if it is a big issue with the emission laws.... a few people who turbo their mk2 use this kind of set-up

jay

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Just relocate the stock canister to up front underneath the front bumper cover below the headlight and extend the hoses up there. Thats where I put mine. Plenty of room there.

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Here's another alternative to relocating the big stock one.

I found one from a first gen Honda CRX that is so small that it fits between the windshield washer fluid reservoir and the passenger fenderwell, just in front of the wiper motor. I bolted it to the fenderwell. No need to extend the vacuum line and gas vapor lines, just need to extend the clean-air-out line that leads down into the front frame rail. Very simple installation.
As an added bonus, it only weighs one pound versus the stock unit at 4 lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts