Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Charlotte AutoFair fall 2017 – 23-24 September – Charlotte, NC.........

937 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Marblehead 
#1 · (Edited)
Charlotte AutoFair fall 2017 – 23-24 September – Charlotte, NC.........

Car show season is hot, Charlotte AutoFair is here. The bi-annual AutoFair in Charlotte, NC at Charlotte Motor Speedway 21-24 September 2017. Once again we have been invited back to join the wonderful festivities.

As we updated and opened our group in the spring, same is carrying into the fall show. Our group is “ToySports Unlimited” and open to Supra, ’71-’85 Celica, MR2 and AE86 Corolla models! Maybe we’ll find a 2000GT!?! Pass the word, tell your buddy and bring the friends. We will continue to add an even greater dimension to the AutoFair extravaganza with our well respected and loved sports models.

The AutoFair runs the entire weekend, beginning on Thursday. Our group will be displaying on Saturday, 23 Sept. AND Sunday, 24 Sept. from gate opening at 8am til end of show. All car clubs are REQUIRED to display both days in order to continue participation in the AutoFair. We have again been supplied with 20 vehicle display allocations for both days! In addition to receiving a spot to display your Toyota you will also receive two FREE passes to the AutoFair. That equals: ONE car pass, TWO people passes (one for you and one for a guest). Additional guests would pay admission ($10, children under 12 are free).

The AutoFair is a professionally run event and space is limited. All Toyota display spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you sign up to display it is important that you attend the show. Future opportunities for our Toyota group to participate in the AutoFair depend on the turn-out ratio according to our allocated space.

If you have attended the AutoFair in the past you know of the greatness to expect. If you have never been to the AutoFair, either as an attendee to the event or to display your Toyota with the group, you are missing out on the largest automotive extravaganza in the eastern USA. More than 2,000 cars on display in the “for sale” car corral….plus….50+ local and regional automobile clubs on display….PLUS….over 10,000 vendors all at one location. Beautiful cars abound and you may find just that right something you’ve been searching for from one of the vendors. Bring your checkbook.

And there’s more. We receive FREE trophies from AutoFair, one “Best of Show” plus additional trophies determined by our group. The purpose of the AutoFair is to have fun, many attendees don’t see it as competition – at least for our group. I attempt to keep it lighthearted for the trophies.

We are cars and as a homage to one of Pixar’s most successful offerings and the timely release of another chapter to the story, trophies for fall 2017 AutoFair will have a “Cars” movie twist:

“Best of Show” ”Cars - Lightening McQueen”; Most likely to be a race car. "Speed. I am speed."
“Cars - Doc Hudson”; Car of few words. Lots of good, original go fast potential. Clean and stock beauty.
“Cars - Tow Mater”; Rough around the edges. Could use a lil work.
“Cars – Ramone”; Dynamic paint pushing the limitless boundaries of art. Lotsa customizing.

It’s a great time to spend with a great bunch of Toyota enthusiasts plus the thousands of other sweet rides you will see throughout the day.

Visit the following sites for more info:
http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/schedule/carshows/

I will post more information as it becomes available. For now, please sign up to attend the spring 2016 Charlotte AutoFair! To sign up please post here, send me a message or email me: Shambone “at” aol “dot” com. When you sign up please include your (real) name, your screen name and info on your Toyota. If you are a new attendee I ask that you please send me (via email or message) your full name (first and last), mailing address (so I can send passes), email address and contact number if I need to relay information at the last minute.

AutoFair Fall 2017 – attendee list Attendees:
Saturday, 23 September
1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
2. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
3. Autumn E. – suprachick83 – ’85 MKII
4. Larry F. – Sunchasers!
5. Larry F. – '85 Celica GT-S convertible
6. Mike K. – ’86 AE86
7. Margie S-T. – ’87 MKIII
8. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – ’86 P-Type
9. Lisa B-H. – Gage – ’89 MKIII
10. Kirk W. – ’85 MKII
11. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
12. Austin C. – ’91 MR2
13. Gene R. – ’93 MR2
14. Taylor S. – MR2
15. Curtis C. – ’85 MKII
16. Mitch K. - mkii supra freak – ’85 6M GTE
17. Pablo S. – ’81 Corolla
18. Isaac John M. – MR2
19. William S., Jr. – ’81 Corolla
20. John B. – johnb7 – some Supra

Saturday Tentative/Stand-by:
1. Michael A. – ’76 Celica GTS

Sunday, 24 September
1. Scott H. – Marblehead – ‘93TT BPU hardtopper
2. Ryan E. – rce311 – ’84 MKII
3. Autumn E. – ’85 MKII
4. Larry F. – Sunchasers!
5. Larry F. – '85 Celica GT-S convertible
6. Mike K. – ’86 AE86
7. Margie S-T. – ’87 MKIII
8. Aaron H. – curvesrgood – MR2
9. Lisa B-H. – Gage – ’89 MKIII
10. Kirk W. – ’85 MKII
11. Michael A. – ’76 Celica GTS
12. Cody N. – Citskipper – MKIV
13. Taylor S. – MR2
14. Curtis C. – ’85 MKII
15. Mitch K. - mkii supra freak – ’85 6M GTE
16. Pablo S. – ’81 Corolla
17. Isaac John M. – MR2
18. William S., Jr. – ’81 Corolla
19. Spencer C. – MR2

Sunday Tentative:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.